What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Buttons of Stereo system peeling

A

Anonymous

Hi All and Happy Easter.

Just wondered if anyone else has had a similar issue.
The buttons on the Stereo / Satnav system have bubbled up and started to peel revealing the white plastic underneath.
Has anyone else had a similar problem?
Mine started when the car was 5 months old and I am currently going through the warranty process but my local dealer is seriously dragging their heels about making a decision.
Currently 5 buttons are affected.

Thanks
Ty

pete.garratt

Reaction score
Mine are 3 years old & all fine. Never seen or heard of this before, ever.

Just checking, you don't live in a hot climate, do you?

A

Anonymous

pete.garratt said:
Mine are 3 years old & all fine. Never seen or heard of this before, ever.

Just checking, you don't live in a hot climate, do you?

Agree with this in every respect. Why are dealers dragging their heels. It sounds like a clear cause of faulty materials and covered by warranty

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the responses.
I live in Bedfordshire so not climate!

I have researched the MD of the dealer group and about to email him direct.
It is reassuring to know this is unique as I have had the car 7 months now and clocked up over 16,000 miles and enjoy every minute I am driving it.
Everything else about the car is superb.

A

Anonymous

HI All.
Just in case anyone else suffers a similar issue with the buttons on their stereo system.
I have managed to get the unit replaced free of charge under the warranty.
I did have to do all the chasing with the service department of my local dealer in Dunstable which is poor form on their part.

A

Anonymous

tyharling said:
I did have to do all the chasing with the service department of my local dealer in Dunstable which is poor form on their part.

Poor form, yes, however not surprising unfortunately.