What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Bumper and Plastics Shiner

A

Anonymous

Used some Bumper and Plastics shiner on my friend's car the other day as her plastics were looking a little dull / weather worn.

Wow, excellent stuff - it looks like it's just rolled out of the showroom :thumbup:

Never used it before, although will certainly start when my car starts to look a little shabby / worn in these areas.

RCZ1

Reaction score
What was the make Gorwell (of the plastic shiner)?

I've already applied Gtechniq C4 on my plastic parts ( the RCZ of course - I'm completely original :lol: ). Prevention is better than cure.
It's a permanent restorer and stops it fading, etc. I applied it to the black parts on the wing mirrors, the rear lower valance, the little black bits at the bottom of the front windows and the scuttle panel.

I do like the Gtechniq products mainly because of their long durability. You can apply and then forget about it for a couple of years.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
What was the make Gorwell (of the plastic shiner)?

Err.....I think it was Simoniz (spelling ??) - or it could have been CarPlan.
Comes in a tall, thin all black bottle from Halfords :thumbup:

Surprisingly (to me), the liquid gel was white (for some reason, I thought it was going to be black :eusa-think: :wtf: :eusa-whistle: - although had a lovely glossly finish /shine and really brought the plastics to back to life.

RCZ1 said:
I've already applied Gtechniq C4 on my plastic parts ( the RCZ of course - I'm completely original :lol: ).
Prevention is better than cure.

Yes, one of my other friends has done this for exactly the same reason.
I wasn't sure and was going to leave it 'til it started to get shabby, although there does appear to be a logic to the prevention better than cure :eusa-think:

RCZ1 said:
I applied it to the black parts on the wing mirrors, the rear lower valance, the little black bits at the bottom of the front windows and the scuttle panel.

What / where is the Scuttle Panel :? :eek:

RCZ1

Reaction score
The scuttle panel is the bit that runs the length of the bottom of the windscreen ( outside) where the wipers sit ( sort of).

A

Anonymous

Well I never knew that - didn't even know it had an official name :beer:

Thanks for that bit of info - most welcome and most useful :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

I love gtechniq product! I used c4 on the back of - ford ka bumper! Came up wonderful!

RCZ1

Reaction score
daniellll.bee said:
I love gtechniq product! I used c4 on the back of - ford ka bumper! Came up wonderful!

Gtechniq do some great products with excellent durability. :thumbup: I see you are getting bitten by the detailing bug Daniel, judging by all your recent posts on Detailing World :D

A

Anonymous

Yeah I have been bitten hard!! I love it! Haha
It's amazing what a diffrence it makes!