What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Build weeks

A

Anonymous

Hi all

New to this forum, here looking for some advice if you can help.

My sister ordered her RCZ 6 weeks ago and still doesn't have a build week, the dealers say they are chasing but no news. Is this normal for Peugeot? My 3 month order with Audi had a build week 2 weeks after order.

She's ordered the auto version if that makes any difference.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Welcome Bearra. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the auto version is on hold until next year due to the earthquake and tsunami in Japan. It's affected a lot of things. See info on link below.

post16185.html#p16185

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the quick response. Do dealers know this? She is going to go nuts!

RCZ1

Reaction score
Well the information came from Marcus who is from the forum sponsor Perry's dealership, so I presume the information has been filtered down to the all the dealerships from Peugeot. Pretty bad news if they did know but chose not to mention it. I think she should go and see her dealer as soon as possible.

A

Anonymous

She is gonna be gutted, looked at so many cars for her and she had her heart set on it. The dealer said the engine/transmission were out the mini so I assumed they would be german.

RCZ1

Reaction score
The auto is actually a Porsche Tiptronic gearbox, the engine is from the Mini. Mind you, if something's worth waiting for, it's worth waiting for..................................... Some of the earliest people to order the RCZ before it was launched had to wait 8, 9, 10, 11 months, me included. It really is worth waiting for and in my opinion, there is nothing out there that comes close to matching it, in the looks department. It's pretty special :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Dont panic ! Peugeot have enough supply of auto boxes to satisy current orders and more ongoing :thumbup:

And yes it is often normal for the peugeot system not to show a build date for several weeks depending on when the car is ordered, this doesnt mean nothing is happening :wave:

Latest info can be found here:

updated-information-regarding-future-rcz-production-t2017.html

Regards

Marcus

A

Anonymous

Thank you all for all the info, it's much appreciated. Same as the Audi forums I use, typically passionate owners know more than dealers - brilliant. Have to say I'm half tempted myself. Will see when it arrives if the satnav/media is upto Audi MMI which I am a slave to.