What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Brief uncomfortable moment...

Ecrivain

Reaction score
So (as a prospective RCZ purchaser) I was out on a test drive, alone, in moderate traffic, in a 30mph limit single carriageway link road with long sections where it's easy to get carried away, and so I'm trying to get to grips with the cruise control, which is different to my other car, when I'm suddenly left with much reduced power.

Oh, **** I think, has it gone into limp mode? I pull over to the side of the busy road with hazards on, as others cars start coming by me....

Turns out I'd accidentally put the speed limiter on instead of cruise - at 19mph! 😅

2retro

Reaction score
Yes, you can set the speed limiter for any speed but you can't use cruise control under 50mph. 👍

nutski

Reaction score
I've done similar several years back in a 407, meandering around 30/40/50 in the countryside and pull out onto an A road and won't go past 50... forgetting i'd had it limited half hour before!!

Ecrivain

Reaction score
Mine works at 30mph.
I've found 30mph cruise useful on the Altea, and the previous C Max, IIRC. Never got the hang of the limiter on the C3, though - and that doesn't have cruise. Mind you it does have a big **** off digital speedo, so you can't really say you didn't notice... 😅 (Also, it's not as powerful, obviously... 😂)

Ecrivain

Reaction score
Sod getting behind most of you lot !
Some of us are getting older; just looking for style over speed... :)

Plus, the one ticket I ever got seemed a bit of a waste of money for doing 36mph (on the main A140 at Stonham in Suffolk)!

Ecrivain

Reaction score
The fine was more of a problem than the points, at the time! I didn't do the speeding course. Having been a probation officer for 13 years, I feared it might be run by someone I knew too well. As well as being tedious.

Hadn't realised you were Norwich too, Marmite, sorry! The Norfolk Massif is in danger of becoming a club in its own right (what with nutski and his new R...)!
But I have family in NE Essex, so trawling up and down the A 140 has always been the bane of my existence, even without getting a ticket. The mobile trap was outside the Magpie pub, if you know it? They must've caught every b******* going through, as I was in a long line of cars at the time...

Marmite

Reaction score
Is his new R black by any chance as I passed one Sunday on Wroxham rd an yes I know about that camera van they also like to sit on top of the twin track just by the countryman in a jam sandwich

Ecrivain

Reaction score
Before I was caught by the mobile, which must be 8-10 years ago, now, there used to be a fixed camera at the top of the hill south of the crossroads in Stonham, but someone torched it...

nutski

Reaction score
Is his new R black by any chance as I passed one Sunday on Wroxham rd an yes I know about that camera van they also like to sit on top of the twin track just by the countryman in a jam sandwich
May well have been as mid afternoon I left Tesco and went to drop some shopping at my parents who live just a few roads off in Sprowston!

Marmite

Reaction score
I thought I see some scabby wheels 😂mine is the same I have two good wheels an two with bubble around the valves I’m going to sort them my self soon gotta be pro active unless I can’t tackle it then it’s off to get your wallet rinsed !

nutski

Reaction score
I thought I see some scabby wheels 😂mine is the same I have two good wheels an two with bubble around the valves I’m going to sort them my self soon gotta be pro active unless I can’t tackle it then it’s off to get your wallet rinsed !

🤣

I need to get some prices on getting them done, may go and check BA Wheels near Halfords, had them repair and recolour the wheels on my 407 and they did do a lovely job.

I don't dare attempt them myself!

Marmite

Reaction score
There is only so many times you can get them diamond cut Iv believe I suppose after they get to this stage u could paint them silver an black in the same way they are now let us know what BA wheels say