What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Brake rotor recommendation

MPC

Reaction score
Hi guys,
First post ever on here, although been lurking for a while now. I have had my RCZ for just over a year now, as my first ever car. During the maintenance last week, the garage told me that my front brakes would need replacement in around 15.000 kilometres. The quote they gave me for the original brakes (just front) is around 360 euros in parts, which got me looking at aftermarket sets. Since i have the THP156 without sports pack, i need the 302mm disks, which doesnt leave me with a whole lot of "mainstream" manufacturers. So i need your guys advice;
What disks/pads should i get? i drive spirited on road, and i dont plan on tracking the car, although i do love some sexy looking brakes. i have been looking at EBC (hard to get here), Black diamond (less hard to get here), brembo (they do look less nice, and are very cheap at around 40 euros per disk, so dont know how that works....) Any other brands i missed, that might work for me? Tarox is out of my budget im afraid.

looking forward to participating on here more!

MPC

chrismac

Reaction score
Ordered these Brembo parts from Euspares (based in Germany)....

Brake Disc
Article №: 09.A185.21
Quantity: 2
Price per unit: £50.21
Total price in: £100.42

Brake Pad Set, disc brake
Article №: P 61 076
Quantity: 1
Price per unit: £31.73
Total price in: £31.73

Fitting them next weekend. This is a very good price for genuine Brembo disks and pads.

MPC

Reaction score
@chrismac the strange thing is, that these almost seem to good to be true. 50 quid per disk? no clue on the quality of these, as i've heard that brembo just rebadges the cheaper disks that they make, but it might just be me that is going insane over brakes

chrismac

Reaction score
@chrismac the strange thing is, that these almost seem to good to be true. 50 quid per disk? no clue on the quality of these, as i've heard that brembo just rebadges the cheaper disks that they make, but it might just be me that is going insane over brakes

I will report back once fitted and have tried out the performance. They look pretty solid so I'm hopefull.

indoldn

Reaction score
I bought some MTEC ones for my THP200 but have not installed them. I went for c hook ones and got them coated in silver. For pads I went with Ferodo ecofriction. Originally wanted drilled ones but after reading various posts decided against them and figured c hook is my best option.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I know of other RCZers who have put them on and the c hook look and work well, that's why I ordered full set of disks and pads all round front and rear

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, I’ve had the black diamond drilled and grooved with the black rust inhibitor coating they have been on the car almost 5 years now and still look as good as new although I don’t do mega Miles
I’ve got them all round and matched them with their pads I would highly recommend them👍797D1F88-2042-45D9-9C27-005BC2BB582F.jpeg

chrismac

Reaction score
I will report back once fitted and have tried out the performance. They look pretty solid so I'm hopefull.

I have been running these for a few weeks now, I'm impressed. Confident braking, no squealing so all is good. 👍

MPC

Reaction score
got any pics of them, i'd like to see how the coating gets worn off after some miles?

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Neil, roughly how many miles did it take before the coating wore off on your black diamond discs?
It only cones off from the area where the pads touch so almost immediately but the edges and the hubs stay fresh for years definitely worth the extra cost

M19YEA

Reaction score
Yeah that’s what I thought, something has gone wrong with mine, they look shocking. They are still bedding in though.

M19YEA

Reaction score
Well it could just be me, but the coating seems to have disappeared from the groves/holes. Also the disc looks like it has a lot of residue on. It certainly doesn’t look the normal silver colour. I’ve only done just over a 100 mile so it could be that. I’ll try and get some pics tomorrow.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Well it could just be me, but the coating seems to have disappeared from the groves/holes. Also the disc looks like it has a lot of residue on. It certainly doesn’t look the normal silver colour. I’ve only done just over a 100 mile so it could be that. I’ll try and get some pics tomorrow.
Mine are the Black diamond ones so has a black coating