What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Brake Pads - Whats Everyone Using?

DRTDVL

Reaction score
It's that time for us to replace our brake pads and i'm wondering what everyone is using?

We have almost no options in New Zealand, so i'm going to have to import them it looks like - the local EBC dealer wants about 40% more for the pads + a 5 - 6 week wait vs what i can buy them from Europe and have standard shipping and get them in a week / 2 weeks.

I've been contemplating the EBC Redstuff Ceramic pads as i ideally want something that's low dust and ideally low noise. The car is mainly used as a daily driver for my wife, so it doesn't get pushed that hard.

I've been using the Hawk HPS in my daily driver and i really like them but they don't make a pad for the RCZ as far as i know... otherwise i'd be grabbing those...

So what does everyone else use?

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I’ve upgraded to black diamond drilled and grooved discs all round and use their pads that are perfectly matched to the discs. You can buy the pads separately though.

DRTDVL

Reaction score
Yeah, i'm only looking at the pads at the moment as shipping disc's to NZ is killer!

I'll end up just grabbing the Brembo OEM disc's as it's basically all i can get here without stupid shipping costs.

We don't have Black Diamond over here and never heard of them before this site - whats peoples thoughts on them?

DRTDVL

Reaction score
Ended up with factory pads and discs as it was slightly cheaper than shipping parts from the UK.

The factory discs are Brembo discs, and I haven't checked out the pads enough yet to find the OEM Manufacturer - I was going to do it later.

MasterDomino

Reaction score
Ended up with factory pads and discs as it was slightly cheaper than shipping parts from the UK.

The factory discs are Brembo discs, and I haven't checked out the pads enough yet to find the OEM Manufacturer - I was going to do it later.
I got myself oem ATE rotors and pads for front stuff is nice and breaking is very good, no warping or anything, i recommend those to anyone with pugs to be honest as nothing beats a good oem part.

Woodso

Reaction score
On my MOT was advised front disc's and pads are getting a bit thin. Went to check and I can see on the back of the pads the Citroen symbol. Are Peugeot using the Citroen discs and pads from one of their vehicles, if so what and are they cheaper than from Peugeot.

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
i replaced mine pads for the first time and after 50.000 km

i bought them from a dealer
the new pads are from galfer but the old ones from the factory where from jurid

as you see the manufacturer is different because these are economical arrangements, but the standarts are the same and probably better from buying them from galfer or jurid

if i didnt go for oem parts (and standarts) i would defenitelly go for ATE