What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Brake discs being scored

A

Anonymous

Hi, any one had a problems with their front brake discs being scored. I knew it wasn't a stone caught in betweent the pad and disc but my garage were adamant it was. Had plenty of cars in my time and have never had that happen before and never on a new car. Now they've got to revise their diagnosis cos it's happening on another side and the scraping sound when I break is becoming louder. Any ideas? Thanks very much.

A

Anonymous

Took my rcz into the dealer with scoring on front right. They dressed the pads, said it was a stone and charged me £75.It's still graunching

A

Anonymous

Hi, I also had scoring on the front offside disc. Took it into dealer he suggested that it may sort itself out after another few hundred miles. He took pictures to send of to Peugeot. Well low and behold after approx 400 miles or so the disc has now worn back even and the score is no longer visible :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Hi thanks for comments. Dealer cleaned and skimmed all discs and now just waiting to see what happens.

A

Anonymous

Exactly the same problem on Front Right. Never had an issue before. Either the design is prone to stones getting it or it is a known problem with 308/RCZ front discs......!!!!!

A

Anonymous

Good chance the large wheel size allows stones in I reckon.