What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

BOV Install

tm2204

Reaction score
Installed my BOV today on my 156 THP, literally took 5 mins and liking the sound & hopefully the reduced turbo lag.

However when I took off the electrical solenoid from the turbo housing to fit the BOV I noticed I have a small tear in the yellow rubber membrane as seen on attached photo.
Anybody replace this? Anybody know the part number I'll need?

No obvious symptoms, yet, so we'll see how it goes.

IMG_20210412_141446.jpg

IMG_20210412_004154.jpg

Pedro

Reaction score
Not sure you can buy these seals separately they come installed from new the actual Divereter valve are not expensive to buy

tm2204

Reaction score
Found one on Amazon for £30 so decided to order it and replace the whole solenoid 👍🏼

This might account for the very occasional P0299 I've been getting.

Car driving fine though and I don't notice any undue lag but I'll replace this and see.

tm2204

Reaction score
Just curious, but how would a BOV reduce turbo lag?
It's not the BOV that reduces turbo lag... it's the fact I have a tear in the rubber membrane of my turbo solenoid that could increase turbo lag so replacing it should reduce the turbo lag I have on my car 👍

Nemi

Reaction score
Found one on Amazon for £30 so decided to order it and replace the whole solenoid 👍🏼

This might account for the very occasional P0299 I've been getting.

Car driving fine though and I don't notice any undue lag but I'll replace this and see.

Did BOV solved P0299 error? I'm getting this error as well. I think diverter valve could be the issue :rolleyes: People say that stock diverter valve is pretty poopy, especially on remapped engines.

Since my engine is remapped, I would like to install something better than the stock diverter valve.

GFB DV+ Performance Diverter Valve looks promising GFB DV+ T9352 Performance Diverter Valve for Peugeot/Citroen/Mini - Go Fast Bits - High Performance Vehicle Products

tm2204

Reaction score
Did BOV solved P0299 error? I'm getting this error as well. I think diverter valve could be the issue :rolleyes: People say that stock diverter valve is pretty poopy, especially on remapped engines.

Since my engine is remapped, I would like to install something better than the stock diverter valve.

GFB DV+ Performance Diverter Valve looks promising GFB DV+ T9352 Performance Diverter Valve for Peugeot/Citroen/Mini - Go Fast Bits - High Performance Vehicle Products
Yes.. once I installed the new valve I haven't had a single P0299 error 😃

It wasn't the actual divertor valve (solenoid) itself rather the rubber diaphgram that split. But you need to replace the whole unit 👍🏼

Nemi

Reaction score
I'll order that GFB diverter valve and try to install it, I hope that fixes my P0299 issue :rolleyes: On THP 156 it is 5 minute job to replace DV but on THP 200 it is in different position :mad: :mad:

Are you still happy with your BOV sound? Doesn't it get annoying?

MPC

Reaction score
1627886129515.png
the previous owner has done "something" (might be the KN filter), but my thp 156 makes the same noise, never gets annoying, as it isnt too loud when driving out of town.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll order that GFB diverter valve and try to install it, I hope that fixes my P0299 issue :rolleyes: On THP 156 it is 5 minute job to replace DV but on THP 200 it is in different position :mad: :mad:

Are you still happy with your BOV sound? Doesn't it get annoying?
I’ve heard it’s a tight fit on the 200 but does fit 👍

Nemi

Reaction score
I have installed GFB diverter valve, it was indeed a tight fit (had to grind one edge of GFB to fit in). Unfortunately, that did not solve my P0299 issue :rolleyes: Old diverter valve had a little crack so I was pretty sure that was the issue :( My next suspect is turbo pressure solenoid valve.

anghel132

Reaction score
Ive got the GFB DV+. I read up that this automatically gets an error just because of the way it works.

I get my boost error though when I push her too much apparently because of a crack in my air intake

anghel132

Reaction score

But, Im going to put my valve back to stock and see how it goes.

kevo

Reaction score
Installed my BOV today on my 156 THP, literally took 5 mins and liking the sound & hopefully the reduced turbo lag.

However when I took off the electrical solenoid from the turbo housing to fit the BOV I noticed I have a small tear in the yellow rubber membrane as seen on attached photo.
Anybody replace this? Anybody know the part number I'll need?

No obvious symptoms, yet, so we'll see how it goes.

View attachment 11154

View attachment 11155
What bov did you buy looking to do this to mine thanks 😊