What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Bouncer's Waxes

A

Anonymous

The guy said it was very good.

A quote from his site - 'It’s complex formulation means that it demonstrates the characteristics of ‘self cleaning’ . G3GLASSCOAT helps new cars retain their appearance – provention rather than cure. It can be likened to wearing a Gortex coat on a rainy day.'

If it's good enough for Williams F1 then it's good enough for me. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

As far as I am aware it was developed in-house by Renault but essentially it's a similar protection to supa guard that you've probably heard/been offered by dealers. The more I read on it online just now, the more varied people's experiences appear to be. Many dealers now offer it as a dealer prep package. Perhaps, properly applied by a professional detailer you'll receive a better result than some of the reports that I have just read. I'm not actually sure thag this helps you with your query though I'm afraid. Perhaps someone else has first hand experience. However, I know that RCZ1 and mac swear by Gtechniq's C2 and have seen dirt repulsion and protection for between 8 and 9 months and I can't help but think that perhaps this would be a better option. Do you know which products he uses?

A

Anonymous

In alot of his online photos he appears to be using Swissvax products. He appears to have a good reputation in this area (North West). Like he said he doesn't say it's a must have, just its the best product he has known, but if I do go with the quarterly top up package he thinks its over the top but worth it. He really wasn't trying to push it, having seen his web site I asked him about it first.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Finer Details have been on Detailing World since 2006 and have a very good reputation. G3 Glasscoat is a paint protection that is similar to things like Supaguard, etc offered by dealers. G3 Glasscoat being a very well respected product which is not available to buy by the public. It can only be applied by Approved detailers/valeters. Like all of these products, it's all in the preparation and making sure the paint is free from all contaminants and swirl free before applying. Finer Details will do that for you so yes I would pay the extra money to have this applied. Bee had this applied on his Hyundai Veloster when he bought it and if I remember right, he was impressed with it. These sealants are all very similar and the Glasscoat is no different to Gtechniq C1, etc. They all help to repel dirt and they sheet water really well. Sealants have made life much easier for us owners to look after their cars as sealants generally have very long durability which requires less maintenance and upkeep. As you say a quarterly top up is all that is required.

A

Anonymous

Thanks RCZ1, If the guru of detailing says go for it then its a no brainer.

A

Anonymous

Ordered a set of the Dodo Juice Supernatural Finger Mitts to lovingly apply the SR when I get the chance. Hopefully these allow a better application than the Meguiars foam applicator pads that I've been using previously. I find they are easily dropped (and then have to be washed or discarded) or not all that great at getting in the nooks and crannies.

Also ordered some of the Valet Pro Citrus Pre Wash to try as it works out a lot more cost effective than the AF Citrus Power that I love so much. Maybe this will be a cheaper but equally effective alternative.

RCZ1

Reaction score
I really like the Supernatural finger mitts for applying wax. You don't drop them as your fingers sit nicely in them.

Mr Rizz, does Jen know you are spending all this money on your detailing products or are you hiding them all before she gets in from work? ;). You really must have spent a fortune on products over the last few weeks.

Did you ever buy the DA?

A

Anonymous

I stumbled across these mitts while perusing CYC the other day. I didn't even know such a thing existed. Look great though. Genius in their simplicity.

:lol::lol::lol: let us just say she doesn't know exactly how much I have spent nor how much I have ordered and received...;) Shhhh!!! Still I think it's a fair reward/temporary replacement for having given up smoking...!!! It's also giving me a target to aim for...I reckon that's acceptable....no?!

A

Anonymous

Oh and I have put the DA on hold for now. Decided to go away with Jen for a few days in Easter instead. I still have my eye in getting one but would perhaps also like to get some scrap metal from the local scrappy to practice on before letting myself loose on the RCZ. That said...if any good deals come up on the Pro 6 then I might just find my hand being forced...;):grin:

A

Anonymous

Well the Satsuma Rock arrived today and the stupid weather shows no sign of abating any time soon in order for me to actually get stuck in with my various products. I have to say, the packaging of the SR is very cool and the scent makes you want to stick a spoon in it and eat it!!

Ordered the finger mitts, some VP citrus prewash and a Kwazar Venus 1.5 Litre Viton Hand Sprayer to apply it. Now I think that I have everything I need and so my theory is that I'll only have to order replacement bits and bobs as I go. The only things I still have to get is a really good non slinging tyre dressing and fight the urge to buy the DAS 6 PRO. With a DW discount it can be bought for 99 bucks and then I could independently source the polishes and Hexlogic pads that you recommended RCZ1. Still...I think I'll hold off for now and see how pleased I am by all my new bits and pieces first. Thank god Jen's been at work while the majority of these things have been delivered!!!! ;):D

RCZ1

Reaction score
Smells of oranges doesn't it, the Satsuma Rock? I keep sniffing my Capture the Rapture wax which smells of passion fruit. Gorgeous :)

Have you tried Gtechniq T1 for your tyre dressing? It doesn't sling (don't apply too thickly, it spreads far and lasts quite a while - 2 coats for extra gloss). Or Carpro PERL is also good and similar in looks to T1 but doesn't last as long. Can be used neat or diluted 1:1.

A

Anonymous

I haven't tried either of them actually RCZ1. Thanks for those top tips! I'll definitely give one of them a bash.

I didn't know that that's what Capture the Rapture smelled of. Sounds awesome! :thumbup: Yup, satsuma rock has a wonderful citrus smell! You'll love it!

A

Anonymous

Yep T1 top stuff doesn't come of in the rain and zero sling :thumbup: I bought a litre last August used newly every week and still 1/2 full :D