What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Bouncer's Waxes

A

Anonymous

Has anyone used Bouncer's waxes? I would like to add one to my collection (final purchase for a while...probably) and am torn between the "Satsuma Rock" and "Capture the Rapture" and wondered what anyone's experiences were of these and which people might recommend for my dolphin blue. Thanks!!!

RCZ1

Reaction score
Hey Mr Rizz, I've just bought some Bouncer's Capture the Rapture. I haven't used it yet but it feels lovely and oily and smells delicious, like Passion fruit.

I'm tempted to also buy Satsuma Rock as it has up to 9 months durability. I would use this and then top once a month with the Capture, for extra bling and wetness in the summer months. Capture is advertised as more of a show wax so durability is only about 2 months at the most.

It really depends on what you want. Durability or bling/wetness?

Either way, the Bouncers waxes are getting great reviews at the moment and I can't wait to try mine.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Hey Mr Rizz, I've just bought some Bouncer's Capture the Rapture. I haven't used it yet but it feels lovely and oily and smells delicious, like Passion fruit.

I'm tempted to also buy Satsuma Rock as it has up to 9 months durability. I would use this and then top once a month with the Capture, for extra bling and wetness in the summer months. Capture is advertised as more of a show wax so durability is only about 2 months at the most.

It really depends on what you want. Durability or bling/wetness?

Either way, the Bouncers waxes are getting great reviews at the moment and I can't wait to try mine.

Thanks RCZ1. As ever your advice is invaluable! :thumbup: I think that I'm probably gonna go for durability over bling but you're tempting me by the sound of Capture the Rapture. It seems that everyone is bigging these up just now but they aren't the easiest to source. I think I'll probably plump with Satsuma Rock then for now and then maybe get some CPR when the summer rolls round. A plan...?

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Waxamomo have 10% discount until Sunday evening and sell Bouncer's waxes.

I couldn't seem to get the 10% discount but I got a 5% one. I do dislike prices shown not including VAT. However, I have ordered some Satsuma Rock and can't wait to get a little bit closer to full health and for the snow/sleet etc to come to an end so that I can try out all my new goodies. I have got a lot of them!! :lol::lol::lol: Don't tell Jen though!!! ;)

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 - will SR bond over a sealant such as Carlack's cleanser and protectant nanotechnology sealant?

A

Anonymous

Just reading a post you out on DW RCZ1. So you'd have to polish then IPA wipe down and then add SR but not over a sealant?! I'm getting horribly confused. Which polish, wipe down do you use/recommend. Too many products going about and far too many terminologies for my noodle!

RCZ1

Reaction score
mrizzle said:
Just reading a post you out on DW RCZ1. So you'd have to polish then IPA wipe down and then add SR but not over a sealant?! I'm getting horribly confused. Which polish, wipe down do you use/recommend. Too many products going about and far too many terminologies for my noodle!

Whether you do an IPA wiped down depends really on which polish you will be using. Polishes contain oils and if you are trying to correct paint to remove swirls or scratches, the oils can fill in the scratches and mask them. IPA removes the oils to give a true finish so you can see if the scratch or swirls have gone. Then if you are happy with the finish you would apply your wax or sealant.

However if you were planning on using something like Dodo Lime Prime, which is really a glaze rather than a polish, this is very oily and is used more to enhance rather than correct paint, so does mask swirls etc so you don't want to do an IPA wipe down after using this as the oils help the Dodo waxes or Bouncers waxes, to adhere to each other.

Gtechniq C1 sealants requires an IPA wipe down before applying it and there are others but Carlack doesn't really need one. IPA just makes sure that the paint is really clean to get the ultimate smooth surface for the sealant/wax to stick to. Don't do an IPA wipe down between applying a sealant and then a wax, as it can remove the sealant.

I don't use IPA, I use Carpro Eraser instead, which is basically the same but cheaper and you just spray on and use. IPA you have to dilute, etc.

Your wax will apply over the Carlack sealant too but I'm not sure what the curing time is on Carlack so it might be best to leave it a couple of hours or so before topping with the wax.

I hope this helps.

A

Anonymous

Thanks RCZ1!!! :thumbup: That does help massively!! I am planning to use Dodo Juice's "Supernatural Micro Prime" and so i think that that isn't intended to be wiped down but a wax or sealant to be applied directly on top of it once buffed. Althoug it does say that it might not be compatible with certain nano technology sealants so maybe i will just skip that. http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/pre-wax-c ... _1064.html

I'm always learning but every time I think I understand the basics something else pops up that discombobulates me!! :lol:

A

Anonymous

Join the club Rizz!! I thought that I was doing a great job by cleansing my paintwork with that Carlak stuff and then applying a polish and then using a sealant to "seal in the polish"

I as always was wrong :lol:

RCZ1

Reaction score
mrizzle said:
Thanks RCZ1!!! :thumbup: That does help massively!! I am planning to use Dodo Juice's "Supernatural Micro Prime" and so i think that that isn't intended to be wiped down but a wax or sealant to be applied directly on top of it once buffed. Althoug it does say that it might not be compatible with certain nano technology sealants so maybe i will just skip that. http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/pre-wax-c ... _1064.html

I'm always learning but every time I think I understand the basics something else pops up that discombobulates me!! :lol:

You don't need to use both the Micro Prime and the Carlack stuff, they are basically doing the same thing so using the other on top is going to remove the first.

So Carlack, sealant if you want, them your wax.

A

Anonymous

Thanks RCZ1 I'm gonna just use the Supernatural and then SR. Tried giving the car a quick spruce today as it was really bothering me but (frustratingly) didn't get too far before I was broken and had to lie down. Annoying!

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
Join the club Rizz!! I thought that I was doing a great job by cleansing my paintwork with that Carlak stuff and then applying a polish and then using a sealant to "seal in the polish"

I as always was wrong :lol:

I'm glad it's not just me then RON!! You seem to be grasping this detailing lark ok though! I do find it a little confusing at times. The guides on the website for Polished Bliss are quite helpful though.

RCZ1

Reaction score
mrizzle said:
Thanks RCZ1 I'm gonna just use the Supernatural and then SR. Tried giving the car a quick spruce today as it was really bothering me but (frustratingly) didn't get too far before I was broken and had to lie down. Annoying!

The way the weather's going this year I'll be lucky to get the car washed 6 times this year ;)

What have I told you Mr Rizz, take it easy :)

Will you post pictures of your car when you've used the SR as I'm seriously tempted to buy this too.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
mrizzle said:

The way the weather's going this year I'll be lucky to get the car washed 6 times this year ;)

What have I told you Mr Rizz, take it easy :)

Will you post pictures of your car when you've used the SR as I'm seriously tempted to buy this too.

Yes ma'am...on both fronts! I have an email confirming that the SR has been dispatched...I'm looking forward tk even just smelling it. It's the most expensive wax I've ever bought. I know that it's not crazy expensive compared to some but it's still pretty dear. Although I read that a little goes a long way and that the results exceed the price tag. Can't wait!

RCZ1

Reaction score
Yes always apply wax very thinly. When applying you should barely be able to see it. Two coats is good, just to make sure you haven't missed anywhere :)

A

Anonymous

Roger that RCZ1. I believe it shouldn't be left to cure for too long either.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Leave to cure for about 2 minutes, a bit longer if temperature is low. A single swipe of the applicator across the top of the wax will be enough to do your bonnet (maybe a little more on our wide one) ;)

A

Anonymous

This detailing stuff really does go over my head. I took my current Z to a local detailer when I first purchased car for a new car detail. The results were good but the guy didn't, I don't know, seem to enthusiastic about his job if you know what I mean. When I tried contacting him again for top up services he never had time or space to book me in. I then lost some interest tried myself bought a mit/microfiber cloths etc but never got the detailing bug.

Today I went out to see/talk to this guy http://www.finerdetails.co.uk/ re his 'New Car Detail', went on the spur of the moment no appointment just turned up. He was great, really hyped about his work, and getting best he could out of the car. He is located about 2 miles from my dealers so on pick up day I'll be taking it straight round to him for his 'New Car Detail', then quarterly top ups.

I am going to have the 'G3 Glasscoat Ceramic Sealant Protection' even though he said if I was having the top ups it wasn't necessary as his normal sealant would easily last the 3 month periods in between.

My question is have any of you guys used this 'Ceramic Sealant' is it good / worth the extra £50. I know deep down I should do these things myself but I started out with good intentions this time round and dissapointed myself by letting my Z get very dirty, bet I've only washed her 5/6 times in 30 months :eek: , at least this way the new Z will look good all the time and as he says washing her after the treatments will be a lot easier as dirt wont stick as easily so I will hopefully be more motivated to clean her.

A

Anonymous

If I am correct, the G3 that you are referring to was tested in conjunction with the Williams F1 team and is supposed to be fantastic. I have read that it is very hard wearing but that it can etch because it is so hard. However, I am sure that others will know much more about this than I do and may be able to shed more light on it.