What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Both electic windows not working

GavRCZ

Reaction score
Hi there,

I've owned my 2013 RCZ for 4 months now. I love it. Had a Jag xe Sport prior to this and the RCZ is a much better drive at a quarter of the price.

About 4 weeks ago when I went to put down the drivers side window, the window didn't budge and made a grinding sound - like the mechanism had come loose. Weirdly, the passenger window did exactly the same. Both happened at the same time. I thought both windows would have separate mechanisms, but strange that they both went at the same time.

Does anyone have any ideas what this could be before I start opening up the doors?

Many thanks

Gavin

Pedro

Reaction score
Window mechanisms on these models are a known issue as with motors etc Numerous posts on here with same faults

GavRCZ

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I've had a look across the forum and can't seem to find anything with both windows breaking at the same time.

Pedro

Reaction score
Regulators/cables make the grinding noise but as both are faulty it might be electrical (power supply) as the switches can be faulty over time I wonder if a previous owner has had a issue with the windows?