What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

both a productive and frustrating afternoon

A

Anonymous

So I got off a training course midway through the day and decided that I would remove the alloys, clean up and paint the brake disc hubs and calipers and clean up the alloys whilst I was at it. I did the rear two and was amazed at how stunning they looked after an hour spent on each one! Then I go around to the drivers front side and put the jack underneath. Took a look for the jacking point and realised that some tosser has gone and nackered the jacking point completely bending it up into the chassis and deforming the bodywork slightly :twisted:

Just wanted to share my frustration with those that would understand :cry:

Gary x

RCZ1

Reaction score
Mm I've heard of this happening before. You have to be careful that the jack is put in the right position otherwise trouble.
There is a thread somewhere on here. I will try and find it.

A

Anonymous

I did that to my 207 :( :( I was taking the front wheels off to clean the edges of the discs as they were so rusty they were scraping. The sirclips on the trolley jack broke sending the car crashing onto the tar minus a wheel (luckily my head wasn't under the wheel arch at the time!). What a bl%%dy nightmare trying to get the car back up. I dented my car/jacking points as a result and knackered the track rod end with the impact.
Never used a trolley jack since, despite spending a fortune on a new heavyweight one. Terrified of it happening again. I used to take my wheels off a lot to clean them, and i'd love to paint my calipers :cry: :cry:

A

Anonymous

I guess that this is the downside of buying a second hand RCZ! O well, I can still put a length of wood in position and jack up off of that. Another couple of hours and I'll be done.

I must admit I was hesitant at first having the car in the air without the wheel on it for a half hour or so to paint the caliper and clean the wheel up but looking at the results it was well worth it on the rears :)

A

Anonymous

xzibit206 said:
I must admit I was hesitant at first having the car in the air without the wheel on it for a half hour or so to paint the caliper and clean the wheel up but looking at the results it was well worth it on the rears :)

You could always have used a couple of bricks as back up? We've bought axle stands, but I've not used them either :oops: :oops:

A

Anonymous

Good idea that! I would invest in some axle stands but cash is getting tighter as with all things (dam those lovely smelling cleaning products!)

A

Anonymous

xzibit206 said:
cash is getting tighter as with all things (dam those lovely smelling cleaning products!)
I know the feeling. Best way to avoid this problem is not to communicate with RCZ1 :lol:

A

Anonymous

The jack points are sooooooooooooo flimsy as i have done this myself and i am sooooooooooo carefull with my car.it happened when i was changing the foglamp bulbs :(