What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

boot release button....

rob1robno1

Reaction score
hi guys...anyone no how to replace the boot release button ?? thanx and also some problems with driver window it has a mind of its own I can come to the car in morning and the driver window will be fully open and wont operate until I bin drive for 10 minutes or so..or it will open bit by bit while driving and again wont go back up for around ten minutes..i have got the window back up but had to take the fuse out to stop it opening on its own...passenger window works fine though ...also my boot spoiler is open and wont close and no light on the inside button...thanx everyone

tianorth

Reaction score
That's a sign of water ingress into the boot switch!!!

Been reported on here and does some strange things.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

tianorth

Reaction score
If you PM me your Vin number I'll get the correct part numbers for your vehicle.

tianorth

Reaction score
For your car.

The link above suggests it's a gasket thats at fault, and is changed but at same time the parts are replaced by dealership (to prevent further warranty work).

You might get away with drying out, possibly WD40 as it's a water dispersant, but if you can see the gasket and damaged.

I'm not sure which parts have been changed as it has not happened to me, you could ask the poster which was changed!

rob1robno1

Reaction score
cleaned up the parts using wd40 locking part looked dry anyway...drivers window still not working nor is the spoiler.passenger window ok..disconnected battery going try do bsi reset and hope..thanx again