What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

boot opening switch

Jimlad64

Reaction score
My boot opening button has come away from its housing. I still managed to get it to open, but wonder how people have fixed it firmly back into its place. I assume I can unclip the back panel in the boot somehow and reach it from there?

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum, I’ve only had a problem with the boot switch sticking in so I’m afraid I can’t help you on this occasion but hopefully someone will come along with some info for you. There must be access to the switch from the rear may be worth removing the boot lid panelling.
I know Mick( plecodoras) has recently done some work on the boot brake light so may have seen a way into the release switch.

mwb

Reaction score
My boot opening button has come away from its housing. I still managed to get it to open but its really loose, but wonder how people have fixed it firmly back into its place. I assume I can unclip the back panel in the boot somehow and reach it from there? The boot panel directly behind the number plate doesnt give acess

Pedro

Reaction score
Hardly ever use mine I unlock from the key fob but I noticed the catch feels hefty because you have to give a good shove to get it to open perhaps that is probably why the clips fail ?

DKZ5745

Reaction score
As has been said above really, always use the remote, so sorry can’t advise on this one.

RCZash

Reaction score
Don`t know how you access it from inside the car. It should clip in, are the clips OK or broken had to replace mine.

Attachments

• P1000479.JPG
    P1000479.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 27
  • P1000480.JPG
    P1000480.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 26
  • P1000481.JPG
    P1000481.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 24
  • P1000482.JPG
    P1000482.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 24
  • P1000483.JPG
    P1000483.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 26
  • P1000484.JPG
    P1000484.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 28
  • P1000485.JPG
    P1000485.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 29
  • P1000486.JPG
    P1000486.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 27

mwb

Reaction score
As has been said above really, always use the remote, so sorry can’t advise on this one.
Hi yes, just want to take the boot release button out and repair or replace it. cannot find any info on google, simple take out repair. I know I can use the key fob but sometimes its useful to use the button.

mwb

Reaction score
Hardly ever use mine I unlock from the key fob but I noticed the catch feels hefty because you have to give a good shove to get it to open perhaps that is probably why the clips fail ?
My boot opening button has come away from its housing. I still managed to get it to open, but wonder how people have fixed it firmly back into its place. I assume I can unclip the back panel in the boot somehow and reach it from there?
You cannot I've tried that, the panel inside boot with net catches fixed does not give access to release button.

mwb

Reaction score
Reading up I think you have to take the rear bumper off. which I wont be doing!!

chrismac

Reaction score
Just adding to OkeyStokey's post, The following instructions are shown in ServiceBox for removing the boot switch/button....

Pic 1 -
Remove the cover (1) ; Using tool [1350-ZZ].

Pic 2 -
Remove :
The switch (3) ; Using tool [1350-ZZ]
The springs (2)

Pic 3 -
Unclip : The boot opening control (4) (at "a").
Disconnect the connector .
Remove : The boot opening control (4).

Refitting is a reversal of removing, so it may not be necessary to remove the boot. The special tool is only a thin plastic lever.

Peugeot part number.
1594047660924.png

Give me a shout if you want the pictures and instructions for the lock itself, It looks straightforward enough.

Last edited:

mwb

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up, Whats cover?
Remove the cover (1)
Does that mean I can get to the boot release button and pull it out? I have a new boot release button so just need to be able to withdraw old one and push new one in.

OkeyStokey

Reaction score
Hi MWB, I am still not sure we are talking about the same part, but the boot switch I am referring to is just above the rear number plate on the horizontal face. See mine here.
boot release.JPG

The 3 pics I posted previously show this part. The cover (1) looks like a rubber boot as in pic 1 of those 3.

mwb

Reaction score
Hi that's the one, does it pull out then? If not still not clear on how I get too remove it? thanks

Pedro

Reaction score
These components are termed as pressure fitted that means they normally have Bayonet/prong type fastenings in their designs basically meaning they slot home into whatever fitting on the car so its a case of easing one side out of its housing to release the pressure on the other side & they just slip out but its easier if you have plastic trim removal tool to take out the switch as they will not damage any of the housing if your careful I think you can get hold of a cheap set from Euro parts or ebay