What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Boot capacity

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
I have, this evening, loaded up my RCZ for a short vacation down South in Spain.
The baggage was not excessive, but had to be juggled to enable the boot lid to be
closed.
Why?
Because a bulge in the underside of the boot lid contacted the cases.
No big deal, you might say, as the RCZ has a good capacity boot.
But when loading the boot it is not immediately obvious that the extent of the vertical space is reduced.
So, I got the job done by being adaptive.
What I am wondering is whether the boot lid accommodating the active spoiler mechanism is detrimental to the ease of boot luggage loading!
An active spoiler is "sexy" and a feature, but not always a bonus!

OkeyStokey

Reaction score
not to mention these stupid things either

Attachments

• boot hinge.jpg
    boot hinge.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 19

MasterDomino

Reaction score
You can easily see this by pulling out the trim, the whole mechanism includes an electric motor thats able to lift and lower the spoiler, it is quite beefy, but its not really in the spot that uses the most space, if i recall correctly the actual boot brace takes the most underneath the trim and therefore the trim has to be shaped in such a way, but i dont actually remember as i didnt work on it since like half a year, the boot capacity is limited vertically as you say, but has really nice horizontal capacity imo, mind me you cant put 4 rcz rims inside but its still quite capable.
Sincerely,
Master.

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
I used my RCZ to dispose of an old kitchen. Work tops, units, floor tiles, sink. Two trips is all it took.
The only thing I didn't put in it were the old oven and refrigerator.

daveslotus

Reaction score
The problem with the RCZ R boot / spoiler is that when it rains heavily and the boot is opened all the water caught on top of the fixed spoiler enters to boot space = not good at all!

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Best thing to do is get a boot liner easy to mop the water up than soaking into the carpet _20200122_213447.JPGhope this helps...
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

RCZ-R

Reaction score
The problem with the RCZ R boot / spoiler is that when it rains heavily and the boot is opened all the water caught on top of the fixed spoiler enters to boot space = not good at all!

Yup it does that. But when you pop the lid up slowly there is no water ingress.