What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Bonnet struts

A

Anonymous

Hi all,heres a wierd one ! Car is a 2010 2.0 hdi, it would seem that in the last 3 months both my bonnet gas struts have said "au revoir" !
Anyone else had this happen ? And more to the point replaced them without going to the dealer ?
Mine are stabilus ym17341080 but the global inter-lie turns up nothing, even the stabilus web page didnt list them.
Any help would be good
Thanks
Mark in southampton

thornebt

Reaction score
markyce said:
Hi all,heres a wierd one ! Car is a 2010 2.0 hdi, it would seem that in the last 3 months both my bonnet gas struts have said "au revoir" !
Anyone else had this happen ? And more to the point replaced them without going to the dealer ?
Mine are stabilus ym17341080 but the global inter-lie turns up nothing, even the stabilus web page didnt list them.
Any help would be good
Thanks
Mark in southampton

There's some struts on Ebay for £23.49 a pair with freepost which come all the way from Poland and which they claim to fit RCZ:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kia-Sorento-J ... 35ebdd54c0

There must be other struts that would be suitable but it might be difficult to identify which vehicles have equivalent struts. Good luck.

A

Anonymous

Thanks both, i am nervous about used on these items simply because if mine have failed then there is a chance the used ones will, however i may be forced down that route so have saved the link, thanks.

I saw those on the net......a bit suspicous though because they are for a hatch back rear door and thats gonna be a much higher lift and longer stroke, the ones for our bonnets are rather short.

The search continues

thornebt

Reaction score
The following site cross references YM17341080 to Stabilus 520547:-

http://www.yoyopart.com/oem/6648622/peu ... 41080.html

..then this site shows both YM17341080 and 520547 part numbers with a whole load of other cross refs (or similar products) on the RH side:-

http://www.niparts.com/Fac/033013/STABILUS/520547.html

It shows the length as 288mm and the stroke as 94mm which certainly looks correct. The similar products contain some names I recognise such as FEBI Bilstein, Vaico, Mapco and Monroe.

A

Anonymous

markyce said:
Thanks both, i am nervous about used on these items simply because if mine have failed then there is a chance the used ones will, however i may be forced down that route so have saved the link, thanks.

I saw those on the net......a bit suspicous though because they are for a hatch back rear door and thats gonna be a much higher lift and longer stroke, the ones for our bonnets are rather short.

The search continues

These as far as I know are brand new. I've spoken to the guy and he has stripped 3 RCZ's for export to Japan and conversion in to race cars. (Very unique out there I'm sure.) Unfortunately I'm told one has already been pranged.

His mobile is listed on the eBay page (Dave) and I'm sure he'll be able to let you know if he has any.

Peace,

Andy.

A

Anonymous

I've never heard of this before!! Some good advice and suggestions from members there though! :clap:

A

Anonymous

Hi all,
So after a lot of business travel etc I have got back to this little challenge !
Could not find replacements anywhere, so whilst car was mot'd on tuesday i asked pegeot, and although they didnt have them in stack at my local dealer Hamble motors in southampton they ordered them and a pair where just a bit less than 30 quid each.
I did querry why both failed and they were as suprised as I was, they havnt heard of it or seen it before.
So ...... Hey ho and they said they will fit them for free for me (although not a very challenging job saves me messing about)
Mark

thornebt

Reaction score
That seems a very reasonable cost and the free fitting must be an unexpected bonus!