What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Bonnet Bra? No sniggering at the back!!

A

Anonymous

Hello

Has anyone got or can recommend a Bonnet Bra? Because of the many motorway miles my car will be doing a Bra can be an essential piece of kit.

I can't find one specific to the RCZ but would one for the 308 fit exactly on the front?

Cheers

Stuart

Joske

Reaction score
Sint-Huibrechts-Hern - Limburg - Flanders
Why would someone want a bonnet bra. Do you really thing the gravel and other unidentified flying object only hit your bonnet?
The first thing the hit is the frontbumper. The bonnet is so far backwards that in my humble opinion it doesn't suffer. :oops:

+ it's ugly. :mrgreen:

FGRob

Reaction score
I run a bra on my MR2, it's a full one which covers the bumper and first quarter of the bonnet, in the six years I've run it I have a total of 6 chips, all of those were picked up before I brought the car - so that's why you run a bra. :twisted:

As for the RCZ I'm not sure if you will get one, what you should consider is the 3M film coating which is clear and is removable if you decide to sell the car, but it is expensive but if you are doing a lot of miles well worth it.

I seem to remember one of the members from Australia was having made up - not sure what the cost was in the end.

Here's my 2 with it fitted:

and this is the 2 - 6 years on, this was a recent photo shoot for the Classic and Sports Car Mag

Rob.

A

Anonymous

It was me who was considering a bra for my RCZ. My initial order was for Pearl White paint which would show the marks and chips so I wanted to protect it. Now that I've changed my order to Mercury Grey it's not so critical.

No one is making a specific bra for the RCZ in Australia but one company here who specializes in car bras quoted AU$550 for a custom made bra. Considering the cost for one off-the-shelf i thought it was quite reasonable. I think FGRob said he paid a similar US$ value for one from the USA for his MR2.

RCZooM

A

Anonymous

Hello all

Autobra.co.uk have been back in touch with me and are willing to work on my car to build a Bumper and Bonnet Bra for the car. Just waiting for an initial price for this and will keep you all informed if I go ahead and pictures for it..

For a ball park figure, a full bumper and bonnet bra is about £115 for a 308.

My RCZ is charcoal so a black bra on it wont be too ugly to the eye...

Cheers

Stuart

A

Anonymous

Defendal or a company like that can make you one for a few £££... Seems to work very well