What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

BMW 328i F30

RCZ-R

Reaction score
OO58RON said:
Crikey, I'd no idea it cost as much as that for the privilege of driving a company car :eek:

My company car costs me around 380 per month plus taxes. The only upside is, I'm allowed to drive the hell out of it for private purposes. But again, every mile driven private costs me extra tax.

Tomas_90

Reaction score
THP200forMe said:
OO58RON said:
Crikey, I'd no idea it cost as much as that for the privilege of driving a company car :eek:

My company car costs me around 380 per month plus taxes. The only upside is, I'm allowed to drive the hell out of it for private purposes. But again, every mile driven private costs me extra tax.
And who knows what is private and what is work related miles? Surely you can cheat quite a bit on that if it's you who is reporting the miles?

frankvdb

Reaction score
Tomas_90 said:
THP200forMe said:
OO58RON said:

And who knows what is private and what is work related miles? Surely you can cheat quite a bit on that if it's you who is reporting the miles?

In the Netherlands we have similarly strict tax regulations and companies install black boxes in company cars that automatically register and report any distance traveled, leaving no way to cheat which happened a lot.
I own my RCZ so don't have such concerns when using it for work.
I can claim the distance traveled in my monthly expenses.

A

Anonymous

mikeyv60 said:
Stupid idea from my side? I also have this bad feeling about buying a 3 series...

Im sure you will tell us why?[/quote]

Its just alot more expensive than the car its replacing... not sure if you should have 2 expensive cars. (well they expensive to me as an average Joe)

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Tomas_90 said:

That is pretty simple because regulated by the law. You decide if you pay a fixed tax charge per month which then covers all private mileage or you opt for a tax paid for each private mile driven. The difference is how much you drive of those private miles per year, the distance from home to work place, etc. It is pure mathematics, as always when it comes to taxes.

A

Anonymous

MaX83 said:
mikeyv60 said:
Stupid idea from my side? I also have this bad feeling about buying a 3 series...

Im sure you will tell us why?

Its just alot more expensive than the car its replacing... not sure if you should have 2 expensive cars. (well they expensive to me as an average Joe)[/quote]
Why's that a bad feeling?

A

Anonymous

mikeyv60 said:
MaX83 said:
mikeyv60 said:

Im sure you will tell us why?

Its just alot more expensive than the car its replacing... not sure if you should have 2 expensive cars. (well they expensive to me as an average Joe)
Why's that a bad feeling?[/quote]

If economy turns an expensive car is the last thing you want to be stuck with.... never mind 2 expensive cars.

A

Anonymous

MaX83 said:
mikeyv60 said:
Live for today :D

Sole breadwinner cant always live for today... :(

Max so you are responsible :lol: :lol: i like your common sense mate,the economy turned on the UK in 2008 just like it did everywhere and i had just purchased a performance car and struggled with keeping it for 3 years :( "so once bitten twice shy"... :eusa-think: :thumbup:

Tomas_90

Reaction score
Yes well blowing exactly all of your money on "just a car" is stupid. Always make sure you are left with something after the purchase aswell.

A

Anonymous

Tomas_90 said:
Yes well blowing exactly all of your money on "just a car" is stupid. Always make sure you are left with something after the purchase aswell.

Really.... your having me on Tomas l didn't know this...... ;)

A

Anonymous

Tomas_90 said:

I think that along with house purchases we do tend to "push the boat out" when it come to car purchases too. I know that I always want the best that I can afford. It's a case of, if I'm spending all that money, I may as well spend a few £'s more and have the car of my dreams rather than just a mode of transport.

A

Anonymous

Surely it depends on your circumstances?
My uncle always saved for a rainy day and never committed to anything old car etc, sadly he became very ill and needed 24 hr care, because he had money saved he never received any state help so all his saving went on his care , so he never had his rainy day!
It made me think ? I will never over commit but I will go for what I want now and never say maybe later?

frankvdb

Reaction score
Mikey said:
My uncle always saved for a rainy day and never committed to anything old car etc, sadly he became very ill and needed 24 hr care, because he had money saved he never received any state help so all his saving went on his care , so he never had his rainy day!
It made me think ? I will never over commit but I will go for what I want now and never say maybe later?

I can't respect people who spend all their money on luxury goods and then have to hold their hand open for state help when they need it.
In the end it is the tax payers who are paying the money to the state.

A

Anonymous

frankvdb said:
Mikey said:

I can't respect people who spend all their money on luxury goods and then have to hold their hand open for state help when they need it.

Yes your right tax payers like my uncle who paid tax and NI all his life and he never got anything back from the state.
I spend my money on what I like,but I'm still paying my taxes etc, so what if I have nothing left at the end I've paid my way.
Why do you think that older people are transferring their property to their children? So the government can't take it from them when they have rightly paid for that care all their working life.
That's what taxes and NI is for!

A

Anonymous

Mikey said:
frankvdb said:
Mikey said:

Yes your right tax payers like my uncle who paid tax and NI all his life and he never got anything back from the state.
I spend my money on what I like,but I'm still paying my taxes etc, so what if I have nothing left at the end I've paid my way.
Why do you think that older people are transferring their property to their children? So the government can't take it from them when they have rightly paid for that care all their working life.
That's what taxes and NI is for!

Well said Mike....The NHS and benefit systems in this country are too busy paying immgrants and Asylum seekers WHO HAVE NEVER CONTRIBUTED ANYTHING to the welfare state....They are PARASITICAL ORGANISMS.............thats bleeding this country dry

A

Anonymous

frankvdb said:

We pay into the state funds, every penny we earn we pay, every penny we spend we pay, we save we pay and so enjoy life whilst you can. I thought I was going to be a wealthy died bloke a while back, alas I survived. It made me reconsider life.

Tomas_90

Reaction score
Right. Well i had to go via the BMW Tour they had today just for fun to testdrive some cars ;) So i drove a 118d, 435i Coupé & a X550d. All of them with X-Drive.

The highligt really was the X550d. That was just a bastard of a car! :D So quick, for such a big car... It was just like, "i'm just gonna drop a few gears and try a little" and immediately you were at 100 mph :D

The 435i was great too (exept for the price obviously) :roll: I could definitely own one of those. Very nice noise from the Straight-6....

The 118d wasn't that special ofc but what was interesting about that in it's own way was cause it had a manual gearbox so it was fun to try that. Altho if i'm honest it did suck a bit. I actually prefer the gearbox in the RCZ to that in any and all circumstances.

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Tomas_90 said:
The 435i was great too (exept for the price obviously) :roll: I could definitely own one of those. Very nice noise from the Straight-6....

I was opting for the 435i too, before signing the contract for the RCZ R. But the premium overhead was killing me. It was about 59.000 euros against 43.000 with similar toys onboard. The final decision was easy and to be honest, the beemer was way too "common" (even in that coupe chassis) for me.