What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

BMW 2 series

A

Anonymous

Who needs the new 4 series when u could have one or these bad boys. Looks quite similar to my old e92 coupe which ain't a bad thing and a lot cheaper than its bigger brother.

A

Anonymous

It's not a bad lookin car but I don't particularly like the proportions of it if I'm honest. Be interested to see it in its M series guise.

Tomas_90

Reaction score
Re: BMW 2 series

Another car that fills a model gap that doesn't actually exist...

Don't see the point, just buy a 3 Series instead.

A

Anonymous

Again...I don't particularly agree Tomas. It's just a smaller saloon and, given the number of them you'll see on the road, there's clearly a market there for them.

A

Anonymous

A M powered BMW IS THE ONLY CAR usually that's not a fleet car,they all just seem to blend in to the background aesthetically with no real flair at all,l know your Beemer daft mac,but it's the last German brand l would consider bar the Z4/6 series in getting,their dashboard design/layout is as bland as the exterior of their cars

Tomas_90

Reaction score

jassyo06 said:
A M powered BMW IS THE ONLY CAR usually that's not a fleet car,they all just seem to blend in to the background aesthetically with no real flair at all,l know your Beemer daft mac,but it's the last German brand l would consider bar the Z4/6 series in getting,their dashboard design/layout is as bland as the exterior of their cars
Agreed.

Well so what's next from BMW then? The 2½ Series? 3½ Series? 5½ Series? Oh i know, they still haven't touch the Z cars. Just you wait for the Z1, Z2, Z5,Z6,Z7 and a complimentarly Z Series convertible or coupé SUV...

Evil Derboy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

I reckon a M235i may well be my next motor if similar deals to those for the M135i become available.

A

Anonymous

Bmw residuals in the next few years are due for a severe battering,they have flooded the market with grey cars ie models with small engine sizes with low spec ,meaning Not the most desirable of cars...and they are now offering the 1 series on a flat motobilty basis rate,something the brand has never done before,Audi will be well chuffed

Evil Derboy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Just lease. Never worry about residuals again. My M3 is worth around £20k less now than it was this time last year. No way would I have bought one. Leasing is the way forward unless you're planning to pay the car off and keep it, but how often does that really happen?

Having said that, I'll probably be in something cheap and cheerful next so I can save up for a new hoose!

A

Anonymous

Ah but the cost of leasing is based on the residuals the lease company expects, otherwise they'll lose out. So the cost of leasing may not be too attractive (much like the car itself lol!)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Evil Derboy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Depends on the car. For example if I add up 2.5 years of leasing payments plus the going rate for a 2.5 year old M3, the total spend for me to then own that car outright is considerably cheaper than the OTR price of the car new by quite a long way.

However it doesn't work so well on an RCZ:

RCZ 1.6 THP Lease for 38 months: Initial rental £931.20 + 35 x £310.08 = Total: 11809.20
Purchase price after 3 years: £11,750 = total spend £23,559

RCZ 1.6 THP OTR price:£21,850. + 3 yrs road tax = £22,270.

So in that case it's slightly more expensive to lease it if you're planning on keeping it.

A

Anonymous

I think I'm old skool in this but I like to own my car outright either from the very outset or through a hire purchase scheme. To my mind that gives you something substantial to carry into a trade in and the next car so that your monthly payments to own the next one are (generally speaking) considerably lower. To me £310 is an awful lot of money to be spending each month on monthly payments...especially if you're never going to own the car without being left with a substantial balloon payment.

A

Anonymous

I like leasing and will no doubt lease my next car via Audi via my son,he can get me a S3 for the same money as l am paying for the Focus even slightly less, l paid £26k for the focus. I got 2k off it you can now get the exact same specced focus for 24k now because ford are putting £2 k down towards your deposit.