What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Bluetooth Problems

2retro

Reaction score
My Bluetooth seems to have given up the ghost today.

Originally all I had to do was turn on Bluetooth on my phone and it would automatically pair with the car. But the car's been a bit flaky for a while, forgetting it was paired to my phone and making me go through the whole process again (this has happened more and more frequently as time's gone by).

But today it would not connect at all and the whole 'Perform Bluetooth Search' on the car display is greyed out and unselectable. BT_Radio doesn't show up on my phone when I turn on Bluetooth there either so definitely something fishing going on... :eusa-think:

Does anybody have any ideas on how to fix it? It's definitely the car and not the phone. I mean, is there a Bluetooth dongle somewhere that's become disconnected maybe or is it integrated into the stereo and it's just decided to stop working? It's the RD4 stereo I believe. :helpme:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
It will be a built in thing not a dongle.
I don’t know about the workings of the RD4 so can’t advise how to do it, but I would try a reset of the head unit, if that doesn’t work, you could even try disconnecting the power supply to it & try again after each restart.
I don’t think a BSI reset would help as its clearly a head unit thing rather than a car thing.

Hope you can get it sorted, I would think it’s probably one of those things that if you can’t resolve it it’s probably a replacement job rather than a repair, these things tend to not be a user accessible item.

Good luck :thumbup:

2retro

Reaction score
I don't want to cock anything else up trying to fix it though... Hmmmmm :eusa-think:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I think a reset should be safe enough, it is the “standard” answer after all

“Have you tried turning it off and back on again”? :eusa-think:

2retro

Reaction score
Good idea! lol

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn2FB1P_Mn8[/youtube]

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Pull The yellow fuse in the fuse box inside the glovebox and then re insert it to reset your head unit. I’m not saying this will solve your problem though :eusa-think:

2retro

Reaction score
neilgsxr69 said:
Pull The yellow fuse in the fuse box inside the glovebox and then re insert it to reset your head unit. I’m not saying this will solve your problem though :eusa-think:

Worth a try but will doing that affect anything else the stereo controls after it's been reset? Don't want everything from parking sensors to setting the time to stop working too whilst trying to fix it! :wtf:

Also, if I were to just get a new stereo (same model) I'm guessing it's not just a simple case of plug and play swapping them over as the new one will need recoding to the car? :eusa-think:

2retro

Reaction score
Looks like there is a separate Bluetooth module that plugs into the back of the stereo.

Does anyone know where this mysterious module is located though?

Attachments

• image_01.jpg
    image_01.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 2,191
  • Image_02.jpg
    Image_02.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 2,190

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
I dont remember for sure, but i think it is in the central console under the handbrake and the buttons

i took it off when i changed from rd4 to rt6 so i have one for spare if you want

2retro

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! :thumbup:

That's going to be a pain to get to then if that's where it's located. Urgh!

I'll PM you about the module. Thanks!

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I’ve got a really big hammer, pm me if your interested :D

2retro

Reaction score
So I took the fuse out, waited 15 minutes then put it back again. Clock rolled round to 12.00am, date reset itself, etc. but Bluetooth still not fixed unfortunately. 'Perform Bluetooth Search' is made up of dots rather than solid text and cannot be selected. Grrrrrrr

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
2retro said:

no it is not!

you take off the leather from the handbrake, unclip the buttons and the space is enough to take it off (ok not very easily but not hard too)

if i remember any other details i will come back

Plecodoras

Reaction score
ONLY AEK said:
2retro said:

no it is not!

you take off the leather from the handbrake, unclip the buttons and the space is enough to take it off (ok not very easily but not hard too)

if i remember any other details i will come back

Only AEK,

did you do a guide when you updated from rd4 to rt6? it might be useful to post here your findings in case anyone wants to follow suite !! cheers M. :beer:

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
I have made a guide in another forum
I Will post it Here too

And After checking that guide i realized that im wrong about the Bluetooth module
The module i Removed is for the auxillary and the usb so sorry 2retro but i cant help you

2retro

Reaction score
Back to the drawing board then...

Thanks anyway, ONLY AEK. :thumbup:

So where the hell is this Bluetooth module located? Anyone know?

DKZ5745

Reaction score
If the photos you uploaded above are of the mysterious module, it’s location is restricted be the length of the cable that connects it to the head unit, so it must be quite close to the back of it.
Maybe if you took the head unit out you could trace its location by looking for the connecting cable ?

2retro

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
Maybe if you took the head unit out you could trace its location by looking for the connecting cable ?
Yes, that's what I'm thinking too now.

2retro

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
If the photos you uploaded above are of the mysterious module, it’s location is restricted be the length of the cable that connects it to the head unit, so it must be quite close to the back of it.
Confirmed from somebody selling one on eBay that it is indeed located under the cup holder part of the centre console.

What an ingenious place to position it, Peugeot. I mean, it's not like we might need to get to the bloody thing at some point...! :x