What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Bluetooth on Engine Switch Off

tm2204

Reaction score
Apologies if this has been covered before (I searched and could not find it) 😊

When I'm connected to Bluetooth from my phone to my RCZ listening to music and I turn off the engine by turning the key just one position leaving it in the accessories position it turns off the stereo completely. When I then turn the key fully off and then back to the accessory position it has broken the Bluetooth connection and now defaults to the Radio as a source.

Can I:
- Turn off the engine leaving the key in the accessories position and keep the music playing (uninterrupted)?
- When I turn the key & turn on the engine have the stereo default to the Bluetooth source or better still keep the source selection from the last time?

Pedro

Reaction score
The car goes into Eco mode ( Load management) after you switch off & this is programmed from the ECU to protect the Battery & other Electrical Components
The system is virtually "Bombproof" & a few have tried & failed to disable it & ended up with a hefty reprogramming (Default remap) bill ...
The Bluetooth may need reinstalling if it continues to cause the fault

tm2204

Reaction score
The car goes into Eco mode ( Load management) after you switch off & this is programmed from the ECU to protect the Battery & other Electrical Components
The system is virtually "Bombproof" & a few have tried & failed to disable it & ended up with a hefty reprogramming (Default remap) bill ...
The Bluetooth may need reinstalling if it continues to cause the fault

There's no 'fault' as such... Its just annoying to not be able to turn the engine off by just 1 position (leaving it on accessories) and have the music continue. I understand you would then be in Eco mode and would get the normal 'Economy Mode Active' after a period of time 👍

I could do this on my 406 Coupe (turn key off one position and continue listening) so thought it would be the case with the RCZ :confused:

Last edited:

chrismac

Reaction score
I'm sure that on some old Peugeot's (eg. my old 406 Coupe) the fuse that protected the Radio had 2 positions,

1588168011033.png

One of which allowed the Radio to remain on, F23 in this example. I've not had a proper look at the RCZ fuse box - Might be worth a look.

tm2204

Reaction score
I'm sure that on some old Peugeot's (eg. my old 406 Coupe) the fuse that protected the Radio had 2 positions,

View attachment 9689

One of which allowed the Radio to remain on, F23 in this example. I've not had a proper look at the RCZ fuse box - Might be worth a look.

Interesting. I'll take a look and see if this is the case with the RCZ 👍

Pedro

Reaction score

View attachment 9689

Most of the Old cars did have a separate feed for the auxiliaries powering the radio through the ignition barrel positions but them days are long gone & if you look at how fast modern cars lock themselves after something like 30 secs if you don't open the doors this gives you an indication of how clever the power systems are on today's cars have evolved

chrismac

Reaction score
...I'm still living in the past.

I have someone walking in front with a red flag whenever I go out.