What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Bluetooth issue.

A

Anonymous

Ok. I'm sure this has already been touches upon. Sorry for revisiting. My iPhone 5 is having problems connecting to my ICE. I have the standard set up. Sometimes it just connects without problems but other times I have to totally re-pair it or my phone can't even find my car radio. Is this normal for the RCZ?

RCZ GT HDI MK2 OPAL WHITE

A

Anonymous

Re: Bluetooth issue.

I don't think it's an iPhone specific issue. Over the weekend my Galaxy Note completely stopped pairing automatically having only previously lost contact on a couple of occasions. I managed to re-pair it manually once where I had to put in the 4 digit code but now it scans and finds it but doesn't ask me the code and doesn't pair either.

I think from memory one of the options is you can un-pair ie force the car to forget about the phone (this is the next thing I'll try) which might allow it to be found properly again from scratch.

Failing that there is a global reset I've read on the forum which might work but seems a bit drastic (disconnect battery for 10 mins with the doors and window open. Reconnect, wait 5 minutes then reset the clock and other settings including re-pairing the phone).

Sent from my wireless telephonic device using Tapatalk 2

A

Anonymous

stevebasshead said:
I don't think it's an iPhone specific issue. Over the weekend my Galaxy Note completely stopped pairing automatically having only previously lost contact on a couple of occasions. I managed to re-pair it manually once where I had to put in the 4 digit code but now it scans and finds it but doesn't ask me the code and doesn't pair either.

I think from memory one of the options is you can un-pair ie force the car to forget about the phone (this is the next thing I'll try) which might allow it to be found properly again from scratch.

Failing that there is a global reset I've read on the forum which might work but seems a bit drastic (disconnect battery for 10 mins with the doors and window open. Reconnect, wait 5 minutes then reset the clock and other settings including re-pairing the phone).

Tried the unpairing and re pairing. Works for a while and then tends to stop again. Not sure about disconnecting the battery. That means actually popping the hood. Scary ;-)

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Have you got your Bluetooth set to permanently on, on your iPhone?
Ahh no. I turn it off when I'm not using it to save battery life. Could that be the answer?

frankvdb

Reaction score

On my SGS3 (so a completely different phone) I always switch off/on bluetooth as needed also to save battery and it works without problems with the NG4.

RCZ1

Reaction score

I have Bluetooth set to on all the time and I haven't found that it affects battery life. Searching for emails drains my battery so I manually download those.

A

Anonymous

My Note doesn't drain the battery if I leave Bluetooth on, same with GPS. It activates them only when an app is opened which uses them. I think the same is true for wifi but seeing as you never know where a wifi hotspot is I tend to leave that one turned off.

I completely deleted the Bluetooth configuration from the car via the menu options at lunchtime and reconnected right from the ground up. That worked (where previously it successfully located my phone but still wouldn't pair) so time will tell if it lasts.

Seamus, I'd suggest you do the same. I'm sure you know but don't forget to make your phone discoverable by Bluetooth while the car searches for it.

A

Anonymous

I leave my iPhone 4S Bluetooth on all the time it always connects to my car and as for the battery life .....well mine lasts up to 3 days but I'm not a heavy user

Opal white GT with type 1 matt stripe.

A

Anonymous

I have had this gremlin aswell even when i dont Bluetooth off it can be :brickwall: it does reset itself but as i say "its a ghost in the machine" no definite answer to this anomoly

A

Anonymous

gadgetpuk said:
I leave my iPhone 4S Bluetooth on all the time it always connects to my car and as for the battery life .....well mine lasts up to 3 days but I'm not a heavy user

Opal white GT with type 1 matt stripe.
Three days. Oh the very joy!!! 13 hours is about my max. Bluetooth off. Display on low. :-(

A

Anonymous

stevebasshead said:
My Note doesn't drain the battery if I leave Bluetooth on, same with GPS. It activates them only when an app is opened which uses them. I think the same is true for wifi but seeing as you never know where a wifi hotspot is I tend to leave that one turned off.

I completely deleted the Bluetooth configuration from the car via the menu options at lunchtime and reconnected right from the ground up. That worked (where previously it successfully located my phone but still wouldn't pair) so time will tell if it lasts.

Seamus, I'd suggest you do the same. I'm sure you know but don't forget to make your phone discoverable by Bluetooth while the car searches for it.

Cheers. I'll try that. I think I've already had a go but worth another go. Initially I thought it was my phone. But I had a new one given to me last week by the apple store ( god bless em) and it still fails. :-(