What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Blue smoke HELP

Tomo62

Reaction score
2 weeks ago I purchased a 2011 RCZ 200bhp from a dealer.

I drove it home (100 miles) to find the oil low warning light was showing, I duly put 800ml of the correct type and grade oil in and all was well.

A couple of days later I began to get light blue smoke from the exhaust on start up and quite a bit more when the engine is left to idle.

I have also had to top up the coolant by about 300ml.

So I'm probably loosing both oil and coolant.

I've probably purchased a donkey.

I've been in touch with the dealer who referred me to the warranty of which will only cover repairs up to £1000.

Could anybody tell me where I stand with the dealer, and or the potential repair costs.

Thank you

Kerr

Reaction score
The dealer is responsible to fix the car. He has sold you a car with faults.

You are entitled to reject the car.

Pedro

Reaction score
You have 30 days to reject the car as not fit for purpose as per trading standards laws
The blue smoke is possibly the valve stem oil seals are cooked ?
Losing coolant is commonly the thermostat housing as the moulded seams split & leaks occur
Good luck

Tomo62

Reaction score
You have 30 days to reject the car as not fit for purpose as per trading standards laws
The blue smoke is possibly the valve stem oil seals are cooked ?
Losing coolant is commonly the thermostat housing as the moulded seams split & leaks occur
Good luck
Thank you