What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Blown head gasket or oil cooler gasket?

darko

Reaction score
Hi,

I have an RCZ THP 200 Petrol that started mixing oil into the coolant, from what I can see the coolant went almost black from pink, the car is running without any issues no struggle or jigger, no fault codes, this happened as the weather got warmer here, noticed smoke from left driver side and bad smell of burned oil. Anyway the temperature is normal and everything seems to work as it should. NO smoke from exhaust....Any experience with this?

Attachments

• IMG_6035.jpeg
    IMG_6035.jpeg
    38.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_6040.jpeg
    IMG_6040.jpeg
    46.2 KB · Views: 25

adelaideRCZ

Reaction score
Hi,

I have an RCZ THP 200 Petrol that started mixing oil into the coolant, from what I can see the coolant went almost black from pink, the car is running without any issues no struggle or jigger, no fault codes, this happened as the weather got warmer here, noticed smoke from left driver side and bad smell of burned oil. Anyway the temperature is normal and everything seems to work as it should. NO smoke from exhaust....Any experience with this?
I'm having the same issue right now

darko

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue right now
Bud, I forget to address it here, this was fixed with replacing the two gaskets on the oil cooler, changed the oil and went to machine coolant flush they clean the system for an hour with chemicals, added new coolant and seems to fix the problem. Do you have pictures from your coolant tank to compare? Cheers

rczgod

Reaction score
I have similar problem but no loss of water or mayonnaise in expansion tank just small amount of mayonnaise in oil filler cap
But white smoke when idle
Hope its the £6.50 repair on oil cooler
Ill let you know

darko

Reaction score
I have similar problem but no loss of water or mayonnaise in expansion tank just small amount of mayonnaise in oil filler cap
But white smoke when idle
Hope its the £6.50 repair on oil cooler
Ill let you know
This engines are know to show up signs of that if driven short distances, before doing any work on the car do a longer drive on the highway see what happens.

disclaimer: not a professional mechanic just living the everyday problems with my rcz and try to fix them with help of professionals advice from the dealer or a third party.

rczgod

Reaction score
Very smokey on idle but not when driving but no loss of coolant or discolouration

rczgod

Reaction score
Just purchased salvage
Doesnt seem like headgasket no overheating
Small amount o mayo in oil bit white smoke when idle but when driven nothing
Oil is like brand new on dipstick and at full level no warning lights
No oil in expansion tank water just pink no rattles

darko

Reaction score
Ordering combustion leak test kit to eliminate that to start
That should be the best idea. If not a head gasket leak, try engine flush additive - liqui molly engine flush and fresh oil like Shell Helix Ultra 5W30.