What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Black smoke when accelerating.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
The additive is there to help with improving the emissions and stop the black smoke it its saying its low it could be empty and this is why you have got issues with black smoke... What's your mileage as just had mine checked and its still got 1.1 ltr and I have 65k on the clock...

Dave jc

Reaction score
It's done 120000.
It was re mapped before i brought it, also the DPF has been removed:( I want to return it back to factory settings.
I have brought a new DPF and sensors but need to sort out black smoke before fitting.
would the additive be de activated because there is no DPF.
Thanks for your input appreciate it.

Pedro

Reaction score
The DPF should providing there is no other issues with fueling/air ratio clean up the sooty deposits emitting from the exhaust getting rid of a remap will return the cars ECU systems back to default so this in theory should eradicate the problems with smoke obviously the additive problem needs to be rectified if its showing as this is a depollution issue

Dave jc

Reaction score
Morning all, can anyone tell me how to check for a faulty injector. I have been to a few garages, but they seem to avoid the job
or are too busy.

Pedro

Reaction score
Get a long screwdriver put the tip on the back of the injector put your ear on the handle & you should hear a constant pulsing or clicking noise if its faulty it will either make no noise or will make a noise inconsistently if in doubt think of the click a spark plug makes when you test one its almost the same sound

Dave jc

Reaction score
Hi Pedro, I have found a guy that will remap £280.00 [or de map] but cannot guarantee the black smoke will stop.:confused:
my local garage will fit a DPF for a hours labour . but get the re map done first.
Also the fuel additive tank fault came up on diagnostic, low or empty.

If the car is smoking and i put a new DPF on surly this will block it up, I think I'm in a catch 22 situation.
I do appreciate your advise. and feed back.
Dave

Dave jc

Reaction score
Hi all, just another update on black smoke.
I have had my Injectors tested today and they are working as they should be, although he said they could do with a refurb
as they have done 120000.
RE-fub kit £120.00 then labour, total for each injector £170.00, £680.00 then you have VAT.:D
New set £800.00 with a £25.00 surcharge. :rolleyes:
I think I will be refitting them as they are.

Dave jc

Reaction score
Hi Pedro, I have found a guy that will remap £280.00 [or de map] but cannot guarantee the black smoke will stop.:confused:
my local garage will fit a DPF for a hours labour . but get the re map done first.
Also the fuel additive tank fault came up on diagnostic, low or empty.

If the car is smoking and i put a new DPF on surly this will block it up, I think I'm in a catch 22 situation.
I do appreciate your advise. and feed back.
Dave

Dave jc

Reaction score
Hi all another update on black smoke.
I had the injectors removed and found they are worn, and the nozzles are out of shape and have been advised to replace them.
I have brought a reconditioned set for £520.00 with a £120.00 refund when i send the old ones back a company called P F jones
Should be here early next week
Hope to do a update soon.

ireadwales

Reaction score
Good Morning all. Thanks for the info above I have had a full service done ,also put two lots of fuel additive in with a quarter of a tank of fuel
and run it up the M3, cleaned the air mass flow sensor. still smoking.
Having the DPF taken off next Monday and having it put on a proper cleaning machine [not a re gen].
Is there anything else I could do while the DPF is off the car.
Appreciate any advise on the above.
DAVE
Just to say that I have the same problems, I have a 2015 diesel, when I bought it in march 2021 it had 19500 miles on it with a full service history, it failed it's MOT in December 2020 on emissions then apparently passed, my first MOT was December 2021 passed but warned that the emissions were high so only just scrapped through, so it's not high mileage issue on its own, I decided to use a product called Dipetane a fuel additive which has very good reviews, I'm currently on my 4th tank of fuel and I have added 150ml on filling up the last 4 times, I will continue to do this on fill up to see what difference it makes on my next MOT which I will do in November just to give me time to do something else if it fails.
Hope this helps.

Ian

ireadwales

Reaction score
A remap does not cause or stop black smoke, having done this already to try and elevate the black smoke with no change.

ireadwales

Reaction score
Hi All. Just joined the forum.
I have just brought a RCZ 2.0 GT Diesel.120000 on the clock.
Had a new cam belt fitted, a full service, mass air flow sensor cleaned, I have also used fuel additive [twice on quarter of a tank]
I had the emissions check at first it was 2.5 very high, now its just under 2.0 still a MOT failure.
Could Anyone tell me the next step to take to eradicate the black smoke.

Dave.
If and when you are able to stop the black smoke, as you seem to be determined to do so, please let me know what you finally did to stop it.

Regards,
Ian

Dave jc

Reaction score
I have put reconditioned diesel injectors in, still smoking on start-up and acceleration.
Next thing is the EGR value, DPF, and a RE map.
wish Ii had brought an Audi TT now [only joking]

Pedro

Reaction score
Ruling out mechanical issues like rings or valves the thing most garages look for is fuel/air mix problems but you seem to know what needs checking out as a matter of interest are your cat emissions ok?
good luck

Dave jc

Reaction score
Not sure if you have read the history of this car, it's been a bit of a nightmare. Brought the car cheap knowing it had a problem.
We took the DPF off to get it cleaned but it was empty, someone has hollowed it out and the car has been remapped.
I am trying to stop the smoke before I put new DPF on and get it re mapped back to factory settings.
Any advice is appreciated.
I have changed all the sensors that i can. Exhaust gas temp, exhaust pressure sensor, mass flow sensor,
I have a new DPF plus three sensors and a EGR valve ready to go on.
Dave