What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Black or Silver Arches on Opal White RCZ

A

Anonymous

Hi ordered my RCZ 3weeks ago but not sure if I should go with Silver or Black Arches I have black Soltice wheels ? Is it too late too change car is not built yet. Silver looks good a contrast I think. I have the Xenon light pack already added. Anyone got a pic of what it would look like with silver on new facelift ? :?

A

Anonymous

I agree with you that a touch of silver is a good idea. That is why I ordered the classic sortilege wheels. The car I test drove was a facelift in white with silver arches and it looked fabulous, it certainly convinced me it was the best looking car on the road. The reason I ordered black arches was the promotional pictures. Like you, I have since swithered between a variety of choices but have stuck with the original order so that I kept my place in the queue.

Whatever colour or spec combination you go for, it will look fabulous!

A

Anonymous

It's fairly inexpensive to get these parts 'wrapped' a different colour if once you get it you think you'd like too. I think Damnfoolman who has a white one got his arches wrapped black so that thread may help you. It's in members gallery and called sugar hill gang. Results look really good as you will see.

A

Anonymous

Hi edreed I have ordered very similar to you and had the same dilemma. I ordered opal white with silver arches and silver technical wheels with vision pack. I think with the smoked black glass in the lights the original silver will look awesome. I came to the conclusion that if you wanted to go with the black arches you would have to opt for the black pack and the storm grey technical wheels. I like the thought of just the small black detail if the lights and the contrast if silver arches and small silver details in the grill.

Also agree that what ever you order it will look brilliant. Also if you plan to make changes do it quick as it is back to the back of the list if you to make even the smallest change to the order sadly. Again I do e this when I added vision pack to my order and lost a week in the queue. Lucky my built date is 6th of June now so very excited.

Make sure and let us know what you opt for and do t worry the time will fly by till its here.

Cheers
P

A

Anonymous

eddreed said:
Hi ordered my RCZ 3weeks ago but not sure if I should go with Silver or Black Arches I have black Soltice wheels ? Is it too late too change car is not built yet. Silver looks good a contrast I think. I have the Xenon light pack already added. Anyone got a pic of what it would look like with silver on new facelift ? :?

You can check my pics out of my facelifted Z with black arches, I'm glad I went for the black ones as I think they do look good against the white. having had a white one with silver arches before

The chrome are just as good but given the Z is a pretty looking car I thought the black toned it down a little, made it more of a manly car.
I didn't go for the complete black pack as I wanted the grill to have a little chrome on it, but had the mirrors and brakes in black,

I don't think you can go wrong with either , down to personal choice in the end

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6060#p68370

A

Anonymous

Thanks going to. Stick with Silver for the contrast I it's ok. Looking forward too getting it no build date yet though :(

A

Anonymous

Anyone got a pic of opal white with vision pack and silver arches new facelift ?

A

Anonymous

Called my dealer and managed to change the arches to Matt Black :) think I made the right choice both look good, but I think as my wheels are black it matches in well. I have kept the silver grill though as I like that. no build date yet though. hopefully pick it up in July though :)

A

Anonymous

The black arches suit certain colours ie white and red personally think black and the greys suit the silver ones, just my opinion

A

Anonymous

Personal choice, but I think the black arches on the new model look and feel a bit plasticky (if there's such a word) , at close quarters, but that's just my opinion.

As for colour though, well black is always a good contrast with white, especially if you go for black alloys.
That said if you went for another colour and had normal alloys, personally I would keep the arches the standard chrome effect colour.

Its all down to personal choice me mucker :thumbup:

RCZ1

Reaction score
The black arches have some kind of coating on them so yes they do feel a but plasticky, as you call it BUT they won't have any clouding issues or stone chips. They are very easy to look after and don't mark :thumbup:

Personally, the black roof arches, make the car look even better and lower IMO :)

A

Anonymous

Looking at these black arches now, I kind of wish I had ordered them with my Opal White RCZ. I left them standard but I ordered the black mirrors. I think I didn't order the black arches because they were €500 extra, which seemed very excessive. For €800 you can just get the Black Pack, which makes everything black except the car - the mirrors, the arches, the grill and the brake calipers. Still, a bit pricey. I chose every addon I could so this was just a little too much.

About how much would it be to vinyl wrap the arches in black though? I keep reading it's inexpensive but am unsure how inexpensive it really is. Would it not be better (more durable and nicer looking) if they were properly painted black though?

RCZ1

Reaction score
The black arches are not painted. They have a black textured coating on them. On the launch of the RCZ smoked black arches were originally an option but was then dropped as there were problems with the paint adhering to the roof arches. It kept peeling off. Hence the textured coating Peugeot have introduced now.

Not sure how much a wrap would be but I'm sure someone will be along shortly to give you the answer you need.

Blog: http://rczandme.wordpress.com/

A

Anonymous

Damnfoolman wrapped his black.

A

Anonymous

bigmac3161 said:
Damnfoolman wrapped his black.

That's exactly how I ordered my 2013 RCZ (same colour, same mirrors and same alloys), besides the black arches, which I left standard. The Xenon lights give the headlights a more smoke-light colour than the photo's headlights.

A

Anonymous

I like the silver arches as I think you can see them from a mile off and you can see people thinking what the hell is that coming towards me. I think with black arches it doesn't have the same effect and its not so 'imposing'.

Having said that, I do really like the black mirror and arches effect in the pic above.