What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Best product for Chrome Roof Arches

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Just picked up my RCZ 1.6 THP Sport today and I absolutely love it! I had the Superguard Protect applied and I have to say the car looked like a brand new one even though its a 10 plate. However I was a bit disappointed with the shine on the Roof Arches as they were not as gleaming as I thought they might be.

I have found some old posts on here about a product called Dodo Juice and I just wondered if this is still the preferred choice or is there something else on the market now as the posts were from early last year.

Any input would be welcomed.

Thank you

A

Anonymous

Thanks 2retro. I read about the tyre shine foam in the old posts but there seemed to be a bit of a divide as to whether putting that on the Chrome was a good idea. I take it you have used it and have had no adverse effects? As you are recommending that, am I to take it there isn't actually a cleaner that is specifically for the Chrome?

2retro

Reaction score
There probably is something available that is 'made for the job' but from personal experience tyre foam is damn fine alternative and works a treat. :dance:

A

Anonymous

Ok maybe I'll try that. What make do you use? I've read about Autoglym products being good.

2retro

Reaction score
I can't remember what I used last off the top of my head as I've run out but it wasn't anything special - CarPlan maybe. It was about £2.50 from a local discount store anyway!

RobDJ

Reaction score
I use this and after 1 coat was looking Great. And covered with Fortify quick coat.
Try this link if you wanna get some yourself.

20210627_080719.jpg

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes look well....
I was at Pug fest Sunday and five or six RCZs had bad chrome arches and as I have previously posted that Autoglym Bumper Trim Gel.... Does a fantastic job on chrome and black arches ask anyone there or have tried it and for £7.50 and bottle Great value too. Try it yourselves RCZers..
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

MagnaSteyr

Reaction score
This is a tricky one - the Series 2 arches are aluminium but they are not raw (unprotected) aluminium as they would oxidise - basic science - oxygen(air) and aluminium = aluminium oxide eventually. Peugeot finish coated them with a clear sealant to prevent oxidation. So you're not actually having to polish aluminium but the coating on the aluminium. This coating appears to itself oxidise and become spotty and easily stained with time in the sun (especially here in Australia) so there are several protectants available as identified in this thread that help mitigate this deterioration. I have found Autosol Aluminium polish works well and on my black arches I simply use high quality car polish to help maintain solar protection. No doubt you'll find your own solution from all the helpful advice provided in this thread ... :)