What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Best optional extra

howardf

Reaction score
What's everyones favourite choice of optional extra?

I,be specced up my rcz nav backpack etc but I think the best extra has got to be the vision pack.,........H

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I was so lucky to find my Z with I think every option, except the JBL upgrade, so it's hard for me to choose. I love the pop up Sat Nav, but I agree the vision pack is awesome :eusa-think:

renegade79

Reaction score
vision pack would be my favourite option - pity I don't have it :(

renegade79

Reaction score
Sat Nav would be my next option followed by the JBL speaker upgrade :eusa-whistle:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Of course, I think quads would feature fairly high on my list :lol: pity I don't have them :cry:

tianorth

Reaction score
I agreed with DKZ5745 the only option I have as an extra was the quads.
Definitely balances the back of the car.

Everything else came as standard on the car, if I could have got xenons I would have, but halogen headlights are still great.

Although after an incident, dashcam have been bought and installed.

A

Anonymous

I think the quads look fantastic, and I have installed a Nextbase crash cam in the front and a dummy one in the rear, I have noticed since putting dummy one in the rear how many people do actually back off when they see it :D

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Forgot about the dashcams. I put them in front & rear for added security. I haven't told my insurance company yet, but I've heard that some offer discounts. If so its all good :thumbup: , if not, no worries, I wanted them in anyway :thumbup:

Reaction score
Hi,
Just to let you know that a number of our insurance schemes offer discounts for a wide range of in-car cameras.
Regards,
Dan.

TAC

Reaction score
Low end priced dash cams / in car cameras are great for capturing the general ‘what happened’ to show to your mates, it may be argued by a defence barrister that the footage is totally insufficient to use as evidence in a court of law. Bear this in mind, before you spend your money.

If you are serious about 1) protecting your no claims bonus and your premium, and 2) wanting to report incidents of poor driving to the Police, then you need to be looking towards the higher end of the dash cam / in car camera market.

As with anything in life, the usual rule of thumb applies… ‘you get what you pay for’.

http://policewitness.com/which-camera/c ... -dash-cam/

DKZ5745

Reaction score
The dash cam I have in the front is a B40 A118 Novatek 96650 AR0330 6G 170° Lens H.264 FHD 1080P Mini Car Dash Camera which records in unbelievable quality. The reviews of the night time quality are less than perfect, but I have found that although the night time video is not quite as good as the daytime recordings (which are perfect) they are perfectly acceptable, and would certainly still identify any vehicles required. This unit is slightly bigger than some in-car dvr's but due to the way it fits, it is more or less invisible in the car. There is virtually no lag on the file join, and on playback it's just like watching HD TV. This camera is hard wired into the fuse box, with all wires totally hidden.

The rear dashcam is a 1080P HD Mini Z6 Ambarella A2S30 chip car Camera 140 high definition wide-angle lens Car DVR.
The quality is pretty good from this camera too, but, although the unit is smaller than the A118 it is more visible due to the way it attaches to the screen. This camera is wired into the boot. I wired a 12v accessory socket behind the covered opening in the boot lining, and it is plugged into that. There are no wires showing either in the car or in the boot.

If I was to advise anyone, I would suggest the A118 every time. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

the one you dont have to pay for......... the grin every time i drive her, but the bigger brakes are pretty handy too.

Jimbrodie1

Reaction score
As it happens mine appears to have everything on everyone wish list ....

Sat Nav
Vision Pack
JBL Upgrade
Ruffer Quad Exhaust
GT 19" Rims (Powder coated metal flake silver)
Sports steering wheel
Foot rest
All internal lights changed to LED's
Full size spare wheel
And of course it's the HDI so it doesn't break down :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Plus all the other nice bits :dance:

That's why it took me a good 2 months to find it and guess what it's for sale

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191604730479? ... 1586.l2649

:thumbup: