What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Best moderate priced upgrade

BobM

Reaction score
Hi guys, I was wondering what the best moderately priced upgrades to the Peugeot RCZ would be? I have seen people on the from wrap the interior door pulls with carbon fibre which I love so will do, any other things you can recommend? I also saw someone one here paint the brake callipers gold and I thought they looked awesome too so I'm thinking about doing that. I need a new gear knob as mine is not looking its best so if you have any recommendations on that front it would be much appreciated. Anything else?

Best Bob

Bart

Reaction score
One of the things I've done to our RCZ is change the gear know as it had the rather tired looking standard version:
854583-4.jpg (not my picture)

The new one is a 2403 metal one:
s-l300.jpg

One of the other options I looked at was a Citroen/DS one as well (2403 GF I believe):
8211-F9-600x600.jpg

It looks a lot better in my opinion.

BobM

Reaction score
One of the things I've done to our RCZ is change the gear know as it had the rather tired looking standard version:
View attachment 13315 (not my picture)

The new one is a 2403 metal one:
View attachment 13314

One of the other options I looked at was a Citroen/DS one as well (2403 GF I believe):
View attachment 13313

It looks a lot better in my opinion.
Thanks Bart, I agree it looks much nicer. I think I may go with one of them. I was recommended something similar in another thread and liked that too.

Cheers Bob

BobM

Reaction score
There's always a stage 1 remap for extra power. About £250-300 and I think 15-25% power according to their dyno figures.
I heard that this can mess up the engine by putting stress on other parts? I don't know a thing about cars so cannot say if it's true or not.

BobM

Reaction score
Can anyone speak on wether or not this is accurate and does it affect the car negatively?

Best Bob

will_berry70

Reaction score
Given that Peugeot have a stock 200hp RCZ already, and I doubt they redesigned the car for it, I'd be very surprised if that wasn't harmless. But I'm no expert :D

Pedro

Reaction score
Clutch & HPF are the ones to watch out for +the odd turbo thrown in then its possibly trouble with the drivetrain I nearly remapped mine to 230 on a 200 GT but when I researched it the cons outweighed the pros-more power does mean faster take offs & acceleration & more stress in the clutch Dept etc

BobM

Reaction score
Clutch & HPF are the ones to watch out for +the odd turbo thrown in then its possibly trouble with the drivetrain I nearly remapped mine to 230 on a 200 GT but when I researched it the cons outweighed the pros-more power does mean faster take offs & acceleration & more stress in the clutch Dept etc
Thanks Pedro, I would rather not take the chance if that's the case. I really like how mine drives and handles already.

Bart

Reaction score
If you like it don't change it. My experience is most people never use a cars maximum power and I can outdrive most people in a 145HP old MX-5 :cool:

Our RCZ was tuned before we bought it (156->190 HP) and most of the time it's a lot nicer to just cruise but I don't know how it drives stock. My old Laguna was tuned, 205 to 245 HP but that was just to get rid of the turbolag at lower revs. Well, mostly anyways...