What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Best Driving roads in the UK

A

Anonymous

Since the RCZ is the best handling pug in about 10 years I thought it might be good to see what roads you lot like to drive on..

For me its gotta be the Applecross run on the west coast of good ol' Scotland

Heres a few snippets from my MG days :)

Best roads are from B to C

A

Anonymous

Did that on my Katana 1100cc bike years ago. Much better on a bike!

:thumbup:

FGRob

Reaction score
Yep done that one a few years ago.

For me the best roads are on my doorstep, Cat and Fiddle on the Leek to Buxton road - great drive and used a lot by the other club I'm in.

Rob

A

Anonymous

Buttertubs pass in North Yorkshire, or even the Snake on a good day ... basically anything hilly and bendy. For speed, there's the M6 Toll, of course. Although a friend of mine swears by the A120 from Stanstead Airport to Braintree as a quiet dual carriageway.

Best drives I've done are Route 1 through Big Sur in California; and the Route Napoleon from Cannes to Grenoble in France. I also tried the Col de Turini which is fun.

A

Anonymous

nice one, I always hear that buttertubs pass is a cracker!

t110jim

Reaction score
Figo great driving road the pass of the cattle and the stunning views great in quick hatchback

A

Anonymous

t110jim said:
Figo great driving road the pass of the cattle and the stunning views great in quick hatchback

Even better when your hanging onto the backside of an R8's V8 and a Porkas Flat 8 :D

GT RCZ

Reaction score
For me Im looking forwards to my annual trip to watch the historic rally on the isle of man.

Over the mountain on the TT circuit no max legal speed limit.

A

Anonymous

Favourite road is the approach road to the eurotunnel terminal as I then know I'll be in France shortly which has an abundance of great roads.