What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Bespoke Car Care Hosting RCZ Open Day 21/04/2012 Photos

A

Anonymous

Firstly I must thank everybody involved in organising and making this day into the great success that it was :clap: A reasonable turnout by fellow forum members but with a few absentees. Peter's car was given a very experimental makeover of which we will hear more in the coming weeks/months. I have to state at this time that his drivers seat came away a whole lot cleaner than it arrived :lol: However he did make up for his misdemeanour's by the purchase and supply of some donoughts :thumbup: Hopefully a whole load of photographs will follow.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Bespoke Car Care Hosting RCZ Open Day 21/04/2012

Totally agree Ron. As I said in the Final Reminder .... Thread last night, it was great to meet fellow RCZ enthusiasts as well as learning a thing or two about detailing. Many thanks to Lee, Gordon and the team for a great, informative day, as well as Richard and Ian from Peugeot who took time out to attend.

Pete ended drove off in a superbly shiny RCZ, which due to the many different sealants and waxes that are been trialled on it, must be so aero efficient now.:)

There's many photos to follow, hopefully later tonight.

pete.garratt

Reaction score
Re: Bespoke Car Care Hosting RCZ Open Day 21/04/2012

Hi folks, just returned home after my weekend away - which, as noted by Ron, involved me as the 'victim for this event. ('suppose that's what comes for turning up in the fithiest car!)

First off, I would join with Ron in expressing thanks. Lee, Gordon and Dave each made it a success in their own individual ways and I for one particulalry enjoyed the chance to speak to each of them throughout the day.

It appears my car will now be the subject of some scrutiny for a few months. Basically, for those that weren't there, a number of different products have been applied to different parts of my cay. The object is to attempt to provide some feedback on how they perform and last.

I took notes of what's gone where but it will have to wait until tomorrow before I can write it up properly.

What I can say so far - after passing under a severe hailstorm and virtually constant rain all the way back from Shropshire to Hertfordshire - there appears to be absolutely no discernable difference between any of the products applied to the paintwork.

Aslo (especially for Kerry ;-)), there is no sling evident from either of the tyre dressing products used.

Finally - for Ron: 'It was bad' - but it's better now.

I'll try and keep the updates weekly on this, time permitting.

All for now!

A

Anonymous

was a good day! someone just need to get some pictures on now!

RCZ1

Reaction score

Well firsty, sorry for the lateness of posting the photos. Took so many, difficult to choose which ones to use.
Anyway, here they are, hopefully in the right order.

Many thanks once again to Lee at Bespoke Car Care, Gordon and Dave for a brilliant day and for giving up their free time to do it. Lee is just so busy at the moment, the guy just needed to lie down and go to sleep. Thanks guys :thumbup: :clap:

Whilst I remember, if anyone is unhappy with their number plate being displayed, let me know and I will remove them.

On Arrival

Let the cleaning and demonstrations commence:

Award for dirtiest car

Iron x on wheels

The car was then washed using the two bucket method, snow foams and friendly TFRs, decontaminated for tar and iron contaminants, etc, dried.

Car moved inside the Unit

Swirl spotting

Let the claying commence and a few try it out

Now onto machine polishing the bonnet after the claying

Reflections after polishing

After removing the oxidisation off the bonnet, it revealed a rather large scratch, here is a part of it

After a couple of hits

Some people having a go at machine polishing

Applying various sealants and waxes onto the paintwork - too many to mention but I'm sure we will be updated with the progress of each of them

The seats were cleaned, boy were they bad. "They were bad"

Tyres were dressed, wheels sealed, a new - not on the market rain repellent was applied and all glass cleaned and exhausts to leave this:

Outside the unit

Shy owner

Driving off into the sunset..... sorry rain !

I hope you enjoyed the photos. We certainly had a great time and a laugh.

A

Anonymous

They are great :thumbup: Well done to John & Kerry :clap:

A

Anonymous

Hi All

Great pictures and thank you all for coming a long for the day was a real pleasure meeting you all and could not ask for a nicer bunch of people.

946 bottles dilutions ratios

1-1 = 473
2-1 = 315
3-1 = 236
4-1 = 189
5-1 = 157
6-1 = 135
10-1 = 86

750ml bottles

1-1 = 375
1-2 = 250
1-3 = 187
1-4 = 150
1-5 = 125
1-6 = 107
10-1= 68 ml

If anyone has any questions then pm me no problem at all.

Cheers

A

Anonymous

Was a great day and i learnt alot. Thanks for letting me tag along in my 207 :)

A

Anonymous

....I've put a link to this thread on the Facebook page. There's so much brilliant information here.

I hope you don't mind ;-)

Liz