What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Beep on hard acceleration? (THP 200)

A

Anonymous

Wondering if anyone else gets a tiny little beep randomly on hard acceleration (usually from a full stop) - I've noticed this happening a second time today, thought the first time was just a random beep from my music collection. As far as I know, the car electronics don't have the gear change indicator function turned on - and I've only noticed this twice so far. Mind you, I barely hear the turning signal sound, so it might happen more often.

A

Anonymous

nazerim said:
the car electronics don't have the gear change indicator function turned on.

According to the Handbook you can't turn the Gear Change Indicator OFF. My OH wanted it off and when I read about it, it said it can't be done.

.....don't accelerate so fast!!! :eusa-whistle: :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:
According to the Handbook you can't turn the Gear Change Indicator OFF. My OH wanted it off and when I read about it, it said it can't be done.

Mine didn't come with it turned on in the first place to be turned off ...

donnaj1dlh said:

But .. then I'd be driving it wrong!!! :D

A

Anonymous

nazerim said:
donnaj1dlh said:

Mine didn't come with it turned on in the first place to be turned off ...

donnaj1dlh said:

But .. then I'd be driving it wrong!!! :D

Remember its a peugeot naserim :eusa-think: and not some thoroughbred boy racer.i used to top the rev limiter on my CIVIC BUT THATS A WHOLE different ball game.something will give way driving it like you stole it :eusa-think: if you wanted a fast car the rcz aint for you 200 BHP or not.

A

Anonymous

I don't think I was hitting the rev limiter on the RCZ? I could be wrong and it was beeping to tell me to upshift ...

Agreed, RCZ isn't a "fast" car, I have no illusions about what the RCZ is - I've driven my mate's scooby before, those things hit 100 before you even remember to breathe.

A

Anonymous

nazerim said:
I've driven my mate's scooby before, those things hit 100 before you even remember to breathe.

my OH's RS is like that, that's why I drive a 'sensible' car, if I want some fun, I'll pinch his and drive it like I stole it! :auto-car: :auto-car:

A

Anonymous

The RCZ 200 IS quicker around a track than a lot of its hot hatch contemparies.

Its surging can be deceptive

A

Anonymous

Don't you get a beep when the stability thing cuts in i.e. cuts wheel spin etc... I'm sure I've heard this last winter when the roads were really icy.