What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

battery size on 206

renegade79

Reaction score
random question, but does anyone know if a battery from a ford fusion would fit into a peugeot 206cc? my girlfriends car needs a new battery and a mate of mine has just taken a new battery out of his crashed ford. wondering if it might fit....

renegade79

Reaction score
the 206cc is a 1.6L but I'm not sure about the fusion. my guess is that its a smaller engine, 1.2 or 1.3L maybe.

A

Anonymous

I don't know about the physical size of the battery in question but it needs to have at least the same output capacity. The folding roof will put quote a draw on the battery as well as any other electrical goodies that might be on the car.

The important stats are ampere hours (AH) and Cold Cranking Amps (CCA), make sure they're the same values or a little higher in addition to the physical size.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Ok.
For the CC. The battery is:
Dimensions
12v 52Ah 470CCA
Length (mm) - 207
Width (mm) - 175
Total Height (mm) - 190

A fusion up to 1.4 battery is:
Length (Millimeters) 212
Width 175
Height (to top of terminals) 175
44Ah Battery
CCA (SAE) 390

So physically it should fit, but the Ah is quite a bit lower.

If the fusion is a 1.6, it wont have a problem starting, but it wont fit in the battery tray.
Length (Millimeters) 243
Widthc175
Height (to top of terminals) 175
CCA (SAE) 560
60Ah Battery

renegade79

Reaction score
top answers guys. I will look into it tomorrow in greater detail. good point about the folding roof, herself does like to open that thing with the engine turned off :crazy:

renegade79

Reaction score
Incidentally the battery was from a 1.4 fusion and it fit perfectly. Thanks for help guys!