What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Battery Removal

chaf29

Reaction score
I have a 2011 RCZ and I am trying to remove the battery for replacement, but having trouble shifting the plastic section that holds the positive wire (sorry not sure what this section is called), I have unclipped the rear section, but cant seem to shift the front section, there are no clips to press in, I thought that I have been pushing the section hard up, but still no avail am I doing something wrong, any help would be greatly appreciated.

thornebt

Reaction score
Sorry, I know this won't help much in you getting the battery out but I just wanted to say it is quite difficult and frustrating that Peugeot made it so awkward a task. Do they do it deliberately so people don't do these jobs themselves? Or maybe there are so many electronics around it that it is unavoidable. I also had a 2011 RCZ, now sold, and removing the battery on the 100HP Fiat Panda I replaced it with is as simple as anything!

Anyway, someone else on the forum will come back with a much more helpful step by step reply.

chaf29

Reaction score
I agree why make is so difficult, tucked away under a myriad of wires, bit scary.

chaf29

Reaction score
Go on you tube type in the link for removing the battery on a Peugeot 308 its basically the same as a RCZ
Thank you for the replies, I managed to find a section on removing the battery on you tube for the RCZ, mine was slightly different, but found a lower tab on the fuse box that was hidden behind cables, unbolted them and all went well, although removal of the battery box was more than to be desired.

Pedro

Reaction score
Yea the battery is so fitted because of safety issues that's why they are bolted down in the Engine Bay or Boot