What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Battery electrical fault - repair needed

Theresa

Reaction score
Hello. I have a battery electrical fault showing.
The car turns over and no issues with running. I've driven it no issues. Nothing indicating it is the battery.
Garage were persistent that this is the problem. Changed battery and light didn't go out.
I've read threads where people keep throwing money at it but never find the fault.
Has anyone got any suggestions?

Pedro

Reaction score
Do you have fault codes presuming the garage checked the cars electrical system?
You check the battery connections are fitted properly & there no corrosion visible around the terminals?
Battery control & protection module ?
Alternator malfunction?

Theresa

Reaction score
Thank you for the offer. The original garage said battery connection but second didn't give me the actual codes! Then said it reported a problem with the fan but he cant tell if it is the connection to the fan or the fan to the radiator. The fan seems to come on ok though. Sorry I don't know what battery control and protection module means.

Pedro

Reaction score
The Module controls the state of charge & start up so basically it looks after the batteries capacity to supply the power required for the engine & ancillaries to function correctly it will even reduce power to the radio climate & heating systems + phone connection through the CANbus control network & can switch those functions off if the power drops too low in the battery theoretically if you have battery or charging problems this is what can happen
The fan will activate if the cars computer detects a fault with a mechanical or electrical system which is common on the Z it does this to stop damage to the engine or if its about to overheat for any reason so it may possibly be nothing to do with the fan being at fault?

Theresa

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. It's so complicated. I'm take Ng it back to garage again. Problem is it right nsclike a dream.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. It's so complicated. I'm take Ng it back to garage again. Problem is it right nsclike a dream.
This is what the Battery control module looks like

Attachments

• 44AF1EDF-03EC-40F1-8EBB-493A9679D766.jpeg
    44AF1EDF-03EC-40F1-8EBB-493A9679D766.jpeg
    43 KB · Views: 14

apple3337

Reaction score
Re the battery control module. Can I get one from a car wrecker from another Peugeot? Or from a Mini with the same engine? I have an R.

Pedro

Reaction score
Re the battery control module. Can I get one from a car wrecker from another Peugeot? Or from a Mini with the same engine? I have an R.
Check the Vin No against the part reference Nos as some are listed as for the RCZ- Citroen DS & 308 you could also try cross reference from engine codes