What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Battery cover removal

TimH

Reaction score
I need to replace the battery on my 2011 156THP. After watching watched the relevant YouTube video on how to get the old battery out, I've removed the fuse holder from the top of the casing and disconnected the positive terminal but I can't get the main plastic casing covering the battery to come out. On the video the guy just seems to pull it upwards from the front left corner (after removing the positive terminal cover) but I've tried that and I can't get it to budge. Any tips?

2retro

Reaction score
Don't know if this is the video you already saw but it shows where the cover is attached:

lfe

Reaction score
It is not necessary to disassemble those terminals with nuts, as in the video, the fuse container can be separated enough without disconnecting terminals.
The cover swings up.
When you place the new battery, put it as far forward as possible towards you, if it is fixed further back you will not be able to reconnect it, since the terminal hits the cover.

TimH

Reaction score
Casing now successfully removed - thanks v much for your help. Hopefully fitting the replacement will be easier (a triumph of hope over experience, as they say).