What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Battery charge or electrical supply faulty

Pedro

Reaction score
Take out the "shunt fuse" & leave it for 10-15 minutes

Curly

Reaction score
Yep Pedro
Managed to start the Z. Had multiple faults. All cleared once I drove up the road. I’m of the opinion the trouble is coming from the BPGA unit. And in particular the battery module see pic.
Have found a $100au aftermarket unit from China. But can’t find the Delphi brand.

This issue started because I went digging behind the intake manifold to locate the fuel rail pressure sensor as I have a low fuel rail pressure warning. This leads to the HPFP failing at worst. I’m hoping it’s the sensor. Yet I feel it’s an seal issue with one of the injectors. As once the HPFP reaches 700psi it operates fine. On start up in the morning the HPFP only reaches 90-100psi at ideal. After restarting the engine it jumps to 700psl. Often a slight smell of fuel happens and goes away. This makes me think it suck a slight amount of air when first starting and can’t achieve a steady flow of fuel. Once the fuel builds up in the fuel line the air leak possibly becomes minimal. Not sure how the Machanic is going to access the fuel rail without pulling the motor out.

Attachments

• FDF11773-FFF9-4E19-8E96-C4D2689B9709.jpeg
    FDF11773-FFF9-4E19-8E96-C4D2689B9709.jpeg
    29.7 KB · Views: 7

Pedro

Reaction score
I found my pump was goosed by hooking the scanner up then me & the youngest lad drove it around with him reading out the fuel data it turned out the fuel trims were all over the place hence the pressure was dropping off as the car accelerated changed the pump fault cured but its a case of trial & error with the fuel systems on these engines it can be the sensor- rail or the pump itself or even the low pressure pick up in the tank

Curly

Reaction score
Yep my obd2 shows me fuel pump pressure. And when cold 90-100 psi then when engine runs ok at ideal it’s 700+\- then when driving at speed or acceleration it jumps to 1500+\- psi. Motors not running at its best as the timing is drifting beyond 30% at times. Yep timing chain in my thoughts.

Attachments

• EA0F7E53-EE68-44DD-ADFA-4FBD308104E6.png
    EA0F7E53-EE68-44DD-ADFA-4FBD308104E6.png
    80.9 KB · Views: 3

Pedro

Reaction score
Yep Pedro
Managed to start the Z. Had multiple faults. All cleared once I drove up the road. I’m of the opinion the trouble is coming from the BPGA unit. And in particular the battery module see pic.
Have found a $100au aftermarket unit from China. But can’t find the Delphi brand.

This issue started because I went digging behind the intake manifold to locate the fuel rail pressure sensor as I have a low fuel rail pressure warning. This leads to the HPFP failing at worst. I’m hoping it’s the sensor. Yet I feel it’s an seal issue with one of the injectors. As once the HPFP reaches 700psi it operates fine. On start up in the morning the HPFP only reaches 90-100psi at ideal. After restarting the engine it jumps to 700psl. Often a slight smell of fuel happens and goes away. This makes me think it suck a slight amount of air when first starting and can’t achieve a steady flow of fuel. Once the fuel builds up in the fuel line the air leak possibly becomes minimal. Not sure how the Machanic is going to access the fuel rail without pulling the motor out.
Goes up on the ramp for the rail off at least they do at my mates garage & its a Peugeot MD

Curly

Reaction score
yep I’d recon so before opening up for replacement chain. Peugeot Australia are high charging dealers and take the enjoyment out of owning a Z in my opinion.