What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Battery charge or electrical supply faulty

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
if You want to use a reputable dealer go to peter Ambrose at castleford been Peugeot dealers for years and come highly regarded by Peugeot UK, I let them do my timing chain kit and they charged me a lot less than other main dealers have been charging.
My offer still stands of trying my spare battery module.

Dazm70

Reaction score
That’s great thanks again. How to I contact you to to arrange for me to come over and try that as obv you cannot disclose you’re address etc on here
Thank you

2retro

Reaction score
That’s great thanks again. How to I contact you to to arrange for me to come over and try that as obv you cannot disclose you’re address etc on here
Thank you
Click on the username and 'Start Conversation' - it's the new Direct/PersonalMessage option.👍

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I’m sure if you took your car in to Evans Halshaw with a puncture they would do a diagnostic on it & charge you £75 to tell you that one of your tyres was flat😱

RCZwonderboy

Reaction score
Hi, I feel like I need to give this original posters post a re birth as my car is doing the exact same thing. In October there it got a new HPFP after it went on me and it blew a fuse associated with the HPFP and or one that controls the turbo, after the HFP replacement it would stay in low power mode and it had lots of faults appearing it ended up with a new lambda sensor a new part associated with the turbo as apparently it was over fueling a bit and something else, anyway the garage had it 4 months I paid a fortune on that bill, I got the car back in October 2021 it had been driving fine since I got it back and now this! It just won’t start it’s ticking over but nothing and yes it has a brand new battery and I tried the bsi reset and still nothing, I’m waiting on the garage coming to collect it again to have a look but did this original poster get to the bottom of this fault ? I bought the car on 35,000 miles I’ve only covered another 5,000 miles over the space of a year and a half and the cars never done with issues. I have Lost all faith in it, I’m always thinking is this going to start ? Is this going to get me back home? I think if it gets up and running again I will be selling it as I’ve spent thousands on this car and it’s barely been driven :-(

Pedro

Reaction score
The 3 power circuits for starting =Battery-Stater Motor & Alternator if any one of these has faults this affects the starting cycle

RCZwonderboy

Reaction score
Neilgsxr may be right Battery power module but you can have a short in the engine harness which will cause power issues
Ok thanks so the Battery power module could be something to be looked into I will pass that onto the garage when come to pick the car up, Is there a way a test can be done on the battery power module to test if it’s faulty or not or to check operating as it should ?

Pedro

Reaction score
You may need to get an Auto electrician to test it if its faulty providing they have the equipment?

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
A owner who had this same issue contacted me and sent me this photo of what he had done to get his car running a bit heath robinson but it worked I’m not sure what that bridge is doing possibly bypassing the battery control module?8CDF2712-BA70-473E-A787-C3B3B7B13AB3.jpeg

RCZwonderboy

Reaction score
A owner who had this same issue contacted me and sent me this photo of what he had done to get his car running a bit heath robinson but it worked I’m not sure what that bridge is doing possibly bypassing the battery control module?View attachment 12380
Thank you for the advice, I’m just seeing this again now. I put the car into the garage the mechanic says it’s the VVT system or wiring. I have made a new post detailing it all.
Thanks

apple3337

Reaction score
My car throws this fault up occasionally. Car is running fine. Today my mechanic had a look and it scanned zero fault codes. lol. He spoke to a Pug "expert" and said it could be the ECU on top of the battery. Has this been confirmed as a possible culprit? Any other ideas out there? Thanks.

Xzendoor

Reaction score
Thanks for this. I’m wondering if my problem is the battery as the engine seems slowish turning over when starting and also the eco power mode ie when the ignition is off and radio on it turns itself off after about 5 to 10 mins when the manual states it should stay on for 30 mins unless the battery is low.
mid I turn the ignition on to but don’t actual crank it then no fault appears. It only happens when I actually start the car. The resting reading on the battery is 12.4 v so according to what have read it should be 12.6 +. Would be grateful of any comments and opinions.
thanks again
Hi just had to change my batterie , it happened first time when i had some short distances and same time used the AC. >My batterie get worse every day and ended with not to be able to start or turn the starter motor. 1 cell was collapsed in the batterie measured 10,1 Volt , but when I got it started with the batterie booster I saw the generator came with 14,4 volt charging and was good . Got a new batterie there was bigger and just used the hole size possible with more capacity and is easy to change follow the link here (
)

Curly

Reaction score
I’m also have trouble with the same message showing up intermittently. My 2016 Z shut down completely for a week after i removed and reinstalled the battery. I tried every reset I could find on the net. Nothing just dash lights for 10sec and a message stating Eco Mode Active. 😒😬.
Today I retraced my original battery removal while multi testing every fuse. What i did notice is missing 8mm nuts on 3 of the ECU fuse posts (pic). All fuses seemed to be in working order however the fuse with only 1 nut seemed intermittent when doing a continuity test.
These 3 fuse posts seem like they have never had nuts on them. I’m mindful not to make an intermittent problem worse. However dose other members cars have these nut installed or missing like mine?

Attachments

• 7F0BC7EA-CA3D-4F4F-AA50-00FDA54EF019.jpeg
    7F0BC7EA-CA3D-4F4F-AA50-00FDA54EF019.jpeg
    61.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 44FFB0F1-B461-4A28-9395-99EEAD0C65ED.jpeg
    44FFB0F1-B461-4A28-9395-99EEAD0C65ED.jpeg
    25.3 KB · Views: 13

Curly

Reaction score
Update on Eco Mode Activated 2016 Z

after retracing and reinstalling the battery along with plenty of fiddling. I managed to start as normal. Ran it for a good hour parked in driveway. Stopped and started it to my relief. Went to the engine bay replaced all fuse and ecu covers and shut the bonnet. Guess what back to eco mode. Not starting. This tells me there is something loose or fracture like in the pic that shows a small split in the plastic cover on the ECU. I’m wondering if the circuit board is damaged slightly. Yet not enough to completely finish the ECU module. So a bit more fiddling under the bonnet and back to starting as normal. However, I’ve not replaced the fuse covers back on at this point till I have a auto electrician take a look.

Attachments

• 990E0B2D-3DF5-4FD2-8E61-EF79DBC959DB.jpeg
    990E0B2D-3DF5-4FD2-8E61-EF79DBC959DB.jpeg
    51.2 KB · Views: 15
  • F98947DE-A80D-4FDB-9FA3-9B2B7A95F7EA.jpeg
    F98947DE-A80D-4FDB-9FA3-9B2B7A95F7EA.jpeg
    54.3 KB · Views: 15

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Will do. Yet I’m still in RCZ misery with multiple error codes.
Where you located? I’ve got a secondhand control unit that I took off a breaker as a spare but I could send you it to try if you promise to return it to me