What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Bad radio reception when its damp weather

A

Anonymous

Hi all,
Noticed a few times lately when its damp in the mornings the radio reception is very bad. Even local FM stations are hard to pick up.
As the car (and day) warms up everything returns to normal.

Any ideas please? :helpme:

Many thanks in advance

A

Anonymous

Don't have this problem (garage car :mrgreen: ), but I seem to remember that the antenna is in one of the screens.

When the screen is fogged up (is this correct English? Sounds odd to me :eusa-whistle: ) it could at least theoretically influence the signal reception.

A

Anonymous

ive noticed that if i turn on the rear window heater the radio goes wonky but i guessed that was to do with the window doubling up as the antenna, had the same issue with the morning mist but i usually just switch to my memory stick for the first ten mins then back to the radio.

A

Anonymous

TomC said:
Don't have this problem (garage car :mrgreen: ), but I seem to remember that the antenna is in one of the screens.

When the screen is fogged up (is this correct English? Sounds odd to me :eusa-whistle: ) it could at least theoretically influence the signal reception.
Yep, fogged up is exactly the right expression

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4

A

Anonymous

I dont get this problem at all :eusa-think:
We get some damp drizzly weather here in Wales and my rear demist gets its fair share of usage, but I've not experienced it affecting the radio in any way.

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
I dont get this problem at all :eusa-think:
We get some damp drizzly weather here in Wales and my rear demist gets its fair share of usage, but I've not experienced it affecting the radio in any way.

I guess it depends on how good the signal to start with is in your region. If it's strong you won't notice much difference, but a weak signal plus damp weather could be noticeable.

A

Anonymous

I've not noticed it with wet weather but I have noticed my car can't pick up signals as well as my wifes car and my previous car when driving through the knobbly bits of cornwall. That's using the same frequencies.