What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Bad fitting of body panels?

A

Anonymous

I think gaps between front body panels of my car are bigger than normal... what do you think?

I found couple pics of cars where those gaps are much smaller.. or am I just paranoid? :|

RCZ1

Reaction score
I think they look wider because you have zoomed in on them in the pictures, which has put more emphasis on the gaps. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

A

Anonymous

Look fine to me as I thought I had the same problem, but measured mine against the Mrs car and all was fine. Its more emphasised with the dark gaps against white paintwork..

A

Anonymous

binkybmf said:
Look fine to me as I thought I had the same problem, but measured mine against the Mrs car and all was fine. Its more emphasised with the dark gaps against white paintwork..

Especially when the car is really dirty :eusa-shhh:

A

Anonymous

Snowy87 said:
Thats how they are bud :thumbup: :thumbup:

I would be more worried about the dirt all over the place :D :D :D

And I dont want to worry you, but I think you've got a nail in your tyre :lol: :lol: :lol:

:beer: Ken

Made me chuckle :clap:

It is more emphasized cos of the white colour defo

pete.garratt

Reaction score
As I understand it, the manufacturing tolerances for the gaps you mention are as follows:

1) front edge of bonnet to top of bumper 3.5 +/- 1.5 mm
2) side of bonnet to bumper 4 +/- 1.5 mm
3) side of bonnet to front wing 4 +/- 1.5 mm
4) leading edge of door to bonnet and wing 3.5 +/- 1 mm

I would imagine it's a bit hard to measure accurately with a ruler and that some type os slip in gauge is used in the factory. However, you might be able to form a better opinion.

Hope that helps.

A

Anonymous

My rear bumper was removed by the dealer to have the boot lid switch changed.
I was concerned that it would not go back on as it came off, but when you see it off it is obvious that it cannot go back on any other way, the fixing studs fall into small holes that do not allow for the bumper to be misaligned.
I would guess that the other panels are like this :eusa-think:

I've actually used pieces of paper to measure the gaps all round the bumper (yep sad) :oops:
You would never know that my bumper has been off :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

pete.garratt said:
As I understand it, the manufacturing tolerances for the gaps you mention are as follows:

1) front edge of bonnet to top of bumper 3.5 +/- 1.5 mm
2) side of bonnet to bumper 4 +/- 1.5 mm
3) side of bonnet to front wing 4 +/- 1.5 mm
4) leading edge of door to bonnet and wing 3.5 +/- 1 mm

I would imagine it's a bit hard to measure accurately with a ruler and that some type os slip in gauge is used in the factory. However, you might be able to form a better opinion.

Hope that helps.

Thanks! I tried to measure those gaps and they seem to be between 4-5 mm each.. 1.5 mm would be nice.

A

Anonymous

1.5 is the tolerance meanin it could be 5mm it could be 2.5mm or anywhere between