What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Avoid ASDA Insurance.

A

Anonymous

What a bunch of cowboys..

I took out insurance with Adrian Flux who were helpful, keenly priced and reliable however the year before I was insured through ASDA.

I had one years NCB before going with asda and after a year with them have 2 in the bag.. all plain sailing.. NO!

I took out my Adrian Flux Policy on the 22/12/10 and at the time, told ASDA i was not renewing and asked them to send out all relevant Documentation regarding my NCB as Adrian flux requires this as proof.

30 December 2010 - Still nothing, Phone them and they have no recolection of said request or have any recorded proof of the conversation but funnily enough my policy has been confirmed as being not renewed. they agree to send out in post and it will take 3-5 Working days

7th of January - Still nothing. I phone. "Seems there was an error" and "i'll get my manager". Manager apologises and agrees to send off my proof of 2 Years NCB in post.

12th January- Nothing in post, Phone number and they one again say they will get it out again. I tell them I need it urgently as I need to provide my insurer with proof of NCB and ask them to email confirmation of my NCB in the mean time. They tell me that the IT department is away home (5.40 when I called) but they will do it tomorrow and Ill have a response by the end of the following day.

13th January - Nothing, I wait for the email but nothing.

17th January - Still no hard copies and no email. I phone again and the same routine. They recognise that the hard copy was sent on the 12th and that its unusual to be lost. They send out another copy and I request them to send out an email. Again I am told it will be done tomorrow and I will receive it by close of play the following day.

18th January - No email by lunch time so I call up during office hours. I am informed that no requests have been logged but they will contact the IT dept now and send proof.

19th - Nothing. I call again during the day to make sure that I get the correct department. I do. They cannot explain why I have not got it. I check the email address they have, check my junk mail while online to them but nothing. Still no hard copies either

20th January AM - Nothing, no Emails, no hard copy. I call in the morning and they say that the hard copies sent on the 12th and the 17th will likely come in together. Regarding the email I tell the guy on the phone I want it sent now and I will wait on the line till my proof of NCB is sent. The guy puts me on hold and 3-4 minutes later tells me that it is send and I will get it shortly. I thank him and hang up.

20th January PM - No emails through yet so I give them a chase up call. Get through to a Lass and explain the situation. Now though the only record on file is of something being sent on the 17th by post. That’s it. No email records no previous postage no nothing. The girl simply repeats after ever question "It can take 3-5 working days for NCB to arrive". Then the strange ball drops. I say ok and ask her politely if she wouldn’t mind Faxing and emailing me my documents now while I wait to my works email adress / fax machine.

I'm then told that ASDA do not fax or Email NCB and I should maybe be a little more patient. I explain to her that her co-worker eralier said he had emailed me the document and before I can finish its "ASDA do not fax or Email NCB and you should maybe be a little more patient.."

I then Hang up. :lol: Unsurprisingly.

Only thing is, as I said at the start, I've been with Adrain Flux for a month now and they require my proof of NCB now otherwise my policy gets canned and I will be hit with a nasty cancellation payment.

Any Ideas folks?

A

Anonymous

hi figo
had the same probs with my daughters insurance ( young driver) not the same insurance company though but all the same crap in the end i got the new insurer to set a conference call up so all 3 partys could speak and it worked she had worked hard to get 2 years ncd and it would have cost me a lot more if it had not been sorted out hope it gets sorted and hope this helps

A

Anonymous

Record a phone call to Asda - let them know you're recording it - and follow it up with an email to customer complaints setting out the situation. Inform them that you face a penalty charge if they don't provide the information, and you will assume they accept liability if there is no response setting out exactly what is happening within 5 days. Let Adrian Flux know the situation and negotiate a minimum agreement time from the last (recorded phone call to Asda) before they'll come after you. Ideally "allow 28 days for delivery".

Then Asda are liable for any cancellation costs, although you'd probably have to threaten them with a solicitor (NB: They may be liable anyway - the approach above simply sets the clock ticking from a point zero and has your backside better covered. So if Adrian Flux won't budge you may still have a claim but will be more difficult to prove the facts; but if Adrian Flux will be flexible then you save yourself some hassle).