What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

autoglym opinions

A

Anonymous

i tend to use alot of autoglym products and think they work well ive got a charcoal gt and use autoglym ultra deep shine as an all in one product it works well on the charcoal would value any feedback on this from rcz1 and other detailers on this issue should wax be used after using deep shine

Autoglym - Ultra Deep Shine (standalone?) - Detailing World
6 posts - 5 authors - Last post: 29 Apr
Im def using UDS next time i wash my car as i got a black car, but i also have ... On a weathered surface Ultra Deep Shine will outperform any ... but i was wondering if 'Ultra Deep Shine' is a standalone product? ... but autoglym themselves say that you only need to use 'Ultra Deep Shine' by itself ...
http://www.detailingworld.com/forum/sho ... p?t=166659

very much an apprentice at the detailing side just like to keep a car looking as new as possible

RCZ1

Reaction score
Hi Mel

I've not used this product but I've done some research and found that as its an all in one product, which reviews say is like applying a glaze and wax, all in one. It contains fillers so helps to mask swirls and light scratches, which means that it won't remove them but helps to make them less noticeable. Its up to you to decide whether you want to mask any swirls that they may be or go for something that will remove them.

As far as the reviews go, it has very good durability - a good few months and the consensus seems to be that a wax on top is not required. Ultra Deep Shine is apparently very oily so a wax might have trouble adhering to it. Or you could try applying a wax two or 3 weeks after you applied the UDS, once the oils have settled down a bit.

Sorry I couldn't be more specific. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

thx rcz1 for taking the time to respond to the post :thumbup: love the pics and tips on the detailing by the way after 10 hours does it get garaged or did it stay out in the rain :thumbdown: it would do my head in if it got wet before i drove it after putting in so much effort :( it looks brill inside aswell as outside :clap:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Thanks mel

let me reassure you that Pearl spends every night in the garage much to hubby's dismay. His has to stay outside all the time.

She did get wet today though but all the products are doing their good work. The rain was just sheeting off her.

A

Anonymous

The AG site iteslf is pretty useful, but I believe the optimal post washing advice is Super Resin Polish which fills scratches (only occassionally because it also contains mild abrasives) and then HD Wax which adds more shine and leaves a protective hydrophobic coating. I then use the AG Bodywork shampoo & conditioner when washing because it doesn't strip wax. I also use Permaclear waterless if I haven't much time. It's a bit like a detailing spray but with more cleaning power and it leaves a protective coating.