What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Autoexpress Review

A

Anonymous

I think the RCZ finishing 2nd is quite respectable. Also as we know the footrest can be sorted, shame Peugeot don't for one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

I think that the 2 series looks awkward (and a bit dull). I knew that the Roc is due to be getting a facelift and some interior trim upgrades but will remain largely the same I believe. Interesting to hear that they felt that its handling lacked the feel of the others. I'd certainly rather have the RCZ than the Beemer though.

A

Anonymous

Yea but nobody's gonna buy a 2seriers in SE spec they all be m sport which will bump the price by nearly 2 grand.

A

Anonymous

I bought that mag and was shocked by the BMW residuals.

Also the cost to get a comparable car to The Gt spec. It is gorgeous tho!

Sent from my Xperia Z1

RCZ1

Reaction score
I don't think the BMW looks as nice as the old 1 series coupe. It's too long, if that makes sense. I bought the magazine and TBH the article was pretty rubbish. Factually incorrect on numerous points. Pretty poor journalism.

A

Anonymous

Figo said:
I bought that mag and was shocked by the BMW residuals.

Also the cost to get a comparable car to The Gt spec. It is gorgeous tho!

Sent from my Xperia Z1

We have been badly burnt in the past on residuals on German prestige cars. A 987 Boxster that went from £41k - £33k in 4 months I think was the worst. Closely followed by a Z4 coupe that went from £35k - £28k, but thankfully ended up being bought back by BMW instead as it was a lemon. Had a similar experience on a C220 Diesel Sport Edition, but I can't recall the figures on that.

A

Anonymous

Your loss on those cars is mainly the VAT you were charged when purchasing new, which cannot be charged when selling on. A hard thing to swallow but to be expected when purchasing new I'm afraid. Unsure why they are comparing an SE as Big Mac says, the tested model has thousands of extras on whereas an m sport 220d is c. £28k and looks miles better.

A

Anonymous

Yes I know that. The Porsche wasn't brand new however.

A

Anonymous

CatherineF said:
Yes I know that. The Porsche wasn't brand new however.

Ouch, that was a bad hit then.

A

Anonymous

The 1st Boxster was also from memory a similar depreciating car, but was new from 1st registration so a little more understandable. The 2nd was an en ex demo.