What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Austria 2019 RCZ Meeting

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Yes your very welcome and thank you for joining me on another fantastic Alpine trip.
Big thank you from both of us to Danny, whom without him there would be no trip.
Wow that was some drive Bailey but I'm sure I was starting to pull away from you !
Who knows how fast we could have recorded if we hadn't had to brake for the other cars, but I'll settle for the 165 mph that we got in this occasion and doubt we'll ever surpass this. !!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Some of the last pictures of the trip.

Early for the last European Zeeland meeting !!

And here's a novel way to sort out our parking issues.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

RCZash

Reaction score
Hi Mick, great photos, glad you enjoyed the trip. Shame we were not able to join you. See you next year at one of the meets. :thumbup: :greetings-wavingblue:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
bailey said:
165 miles an hour.thank god for unlimited roads.thx for inviting me plecadorus its the first real chance ive had to see wot my R can do.i wasn't disappointed.wot a car :beer:

Thank you for joining me, it would have been a different drive without the company.

And though many on here may doubt the speed, I can confirm that we both several times maxed out the cars and looking at the clock, it showed 165 mph, though right enough the digital clock which was set at KMH had stopped recording at 254. The revs were at 6500, and it still felt as though it was increasing, but traffic conditions slowed us down.

Driving in the Alps with all the 360 degree turns and steep fast descents, and braking with the massive 380mm Alcons really does show what a fabulous car the RCZ is. Not once did I feel nervy or doubt the cars performance or handling ability, the R is definitely set up for Track orientation than road and never disappoints.

I do have a video from last year doing 153 but I didn't realise that at the end of the reach on the pedal it stops, but then there is another step to it and hence the faster speeds this year. Unfortunately i didn't have my camera setup to record this time, maybe I will next year !

Cheers and thank you for the thumbs ups and also a BIG THANKS to RCZ-R for the sponsorship package which was very well received, if your ever over in the UK in my neck of the woods, then that will be reciprocated.
Thank You ! :beer: :thumbup:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
RCZash said:
Hi Mick, great photos, glad you enjoyed the trip. Shame we were not able to join you. See you next year at one of the meets. :thumbup: :greetings-wavingblue:

Somehow I've got a feeling that our paths will cross next year Jeff,

take care of your good lady and best wishes to you too, it was a fab week again.

:beer:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
There’s been a recent poll on the fb owners group about the fastest readings seen in the speedo all UK owners said that the digital speedo stopped at 158 mph whereas the Euro cars were equivalent to bang on the 155mph restricted limit. These are standard not remapped cars. :thumbup:

DanRo

Reaction score
Nice pictures Mick

Thanks for chairing them
I will add the to the album in our RCZ Meetings group on Facebook

bailey

Reaction score
don't forget we was loaded up with luggage,a spare wheel ,cleaning proucts.my R was off the clock so I reckon 170 is achievable.nxt time maybe. :beer:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
neilgsxr69 said:
There’s been a recent poll on the fb owners group about the fastest readings seen in the speedo all UK owners said that the digital speedo stopped at 158 mph whereas the Euro cars were equivalent to bang on the 155mph restricted limit. These are standard not remapped cars. :thumbup:

I wonder out of " All UK owners " how many have actually taken their R to the max, did they also notice the Stop on the pedal and not further press as was the case when I first took my car to the max ?

As posted above my speedo was set to Kilometers and the digital readout stopped at 254 but the actual speedometer carried on off the clock past the 160 mark and at least half a segment again, and that's 165. I don't have any reason to lie and all cars have slightly different outputs, for the record my car is not remapped and the power on a standard R is already limited to 155 mph, this does not mean it is only capable of reaching that speed, it has ample power mapped or not to exceed this figure. But I will endeavour to video it next time and show what the speedometer shows, which is all I am reporting on.

A little extra info on this and that is, that this figure was showing not only on my car, but on Baileys who was behind me and at the time we were both talking together on our phones and counting the speed out aloud as it increased.
I was interested to see if there was any difference in my standard car to his remapped car, though Bailey said he thought he was catching me up, I couldn't tell as I was in front. But looking at the graph of his remap it shows that his Turbo comes into force earlier between 2500 - 3000 revs, this will help with low down speed but we did not have a standing start race, when we opened the cars up we were already doing over 100mph and was sat at 120 for quite a while waiting for open road.

Incidentally for anyone who was interested in fuel consumption, we both reset clocks each time we filled up and everytime there was only a difference of between a half litre and a litre from his to mine ( mine using the most fuel ), so negligible difference.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I wasn’t insinuating anyone was lying :crazy: I just mentioned what the Facebook poll had concluded “all UK owners” meant all UK owners who had contributed to the poll :roll: and as I’m sure your aware analog speedos are always out especially the faster you go. As you mentioned your digital speedo showed what the fb UK owners had concluded 158mph (officer :eusa-whistle: )

RCZ-R

Reaction score
R's stock gearbox ends at exactly 168 mph according to my GPS measurements. And only if you rise your rev limiter by about 200-300 rpms compared to the factory settings. On stock rev limiter it may run out at about 165 or a bit lower than that.
You have to run a GPS device next to it when doing so because as already mentioned the digital speedo stops at 155/158.

ianGT156

Reaction score
Hi Mick and Bailey,

Thanks for sharing that fantastic Grand Tour. I kid you not, I realised that I had started drooling from the first pics. Envy? I have turned fluorescent green and grown horns.

Absolutely brilliant,

Ian :mrgreen: :clap: