What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

AUDI Style Sequential Indicators Modification

2retro

Reaction score
Something cool I've wanted to do for a long time and finally got round to it yesterday - an 'AUDI style' sequential indicator light mod.

Video really doesn't do the flowing light bar justice as it was very sunny when I filmed it earlier but you get the idea - I'm very happy with the results! :D

Will get a better vid up soon but for now, que the dramatic James Bond music... ;)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI5MPhIHeh4[/youtube]

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Wow, nice one Richard! :clap:

Will there be a “how to” follow up post? :eusa-think:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you get the light strip inside the lamp or on the outside under the bonnet?

2retro

Reaction score
The light strips fit nicely under the bonnet, perfectly on top of the light clusters so are totally non-invasive in that respect. I didn't want to split the lights and run the risk of breaking them in the process or allowing water to get in so I thought this was the perfect solution for me. :thumbup:

Those Instagram ones look awesome by the way Neil but I think they might have been quite a bit more expensive and involved than mine were...

Plecodoras

Reaction score
You beat me to it Richard, I have been researching the units that go inside the headlight, but like you say not keen of opening the headlight or tail light. There is a module you can get which you can program for various effects like the one on instagram, but they are quite expensive and very involved.
Good work though, bet they look cool at night. :thumbup:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
2retro said:
The light strips fit nicely under the bonnet, perfectly on top of the light clusters so are totally non-invasive in that respect. I didn't want to split the lights and run the risk of breaking them in the process or allowing water to get in so I thought this was the perfect solution for me. :thumbup:

Those Instagram ones look awesome by the way Neil but I think they might have been quite a bit more expensive and involved than mine were...
What a brill idea! I don’t think anyone has come up with that solution before :clap:
The majority of the custom lights about have obviously had the units split and most come from countries that don’t have the same amount of precipitation as we do so sealing back up is probably not as important :D

2retro

Reaction score
Thanks guys. They do look awesome at night (and in person). I tried to film it again last night but my phone camera is way too sensitive to light so on the video the whole light clusters illuminated with each indicator flash so it didn't turn very well. Maybe dusk or an overcast day would be best conditions for a video presentation. I'll keep trying anyway! :thumbup:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Hey Rich,
Are these units off eBay, and where did you wire back to, and have you linked to indicator light?
Interested in doing full custom job but for now a simpler approach might suffice.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

2retro

Reaction score
These are the units I used and you can get them from anywhere such eBay, Amazon, etc. for under £20:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_eQfvQArFg&t=203s[/youtube]

That video gives a good overview of what they are and how to install them but I set mine up differently as I didn't want the DRL function and also wanted the flowing indictors to run in sync with the regular bulb flashes. I won't bother going into the wiring specifics here but if anyone wants that info just drop me a PM and I'll be happy to share. :thumbup:

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
Magnificent !

I can't say I am not jealous
As for the tail lights omg i want them

2retro

Reaction score
Here's another video - this time taken at night with the bonnet up so you can see just how much brighter these actually are - enjoy! :thumbup:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8-Z4MyOhUY[/youtube]

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
beautifull!!!!!!!!!!!

i think i would take the bulbs off

2retro

Reaction score
ONLY AEK said:
beautifull!!!!!!!!!!!

i think i would take the bulbs off
Thought about it but I don't think these are bright enough on their own during the day unfortunately. They would be OK at night but it would be an issue in bright sunlight...

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes definitely get a better idea of what they look like, nice one :thumbup: