What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

AUDI is fighting back

A

Anonymous

audi:s new rear drive r4 drop top, secret is out in the june edition of autocar. looks quite nice and at 25K should be a contender.
having said that the rcz takes a lot of beating on design.

A

Anonymous

the audi R4 is 1/3 of the rivals joining in that segment with the same car and alot more will be joining in the segment eventually

Volkwagen with bluesport CONCEPT (the cheapest and the most plain and slowest)

Audi R4 DRAWINGS (Most modern looking, middling in price and middling in performance)

Porsche Sportster (retro looking, highest in price and highest in performance)

there are also some other rivals joining in too

Alfa Romeo C4 CONCEPT (mid engined beauty of a machine)

Abarth Roadster DEVELOPMENT (a co-developed car with Lotus, one to be careful of) an abarth salesmen told me that fiat said they are developing one with them which is part of the development plan of the abarth brand

Toyota FT-86 / Celica CONCEPT + SPY SHOTS + CONFIRMED / Subaru ... CONFIRMED (co-developed and going to be a quick car depending on which one you go for)

Mazda RX7 RUMOURS (new version of the RX8 but going down the RX7 route and will apparantly look like the Mazda Furai)

Mini Coupe CONCEPT + SPY SHOTS (do not like at all just a mini with a baseball cap roof on it)

Chevorlet Camaro CONFIMRED (RHD) I know its american but that is coming to the uk in limited numbers in RHD form and are close to the pricings

Renault Alpine RUMOURS - just a rumour but a strong one on about restarting the brand by making a coupe similar to what fiat have done with abarth

possibly a citroen DS model probably sharing chassis of the C4 or C5 to create a coupe car like they did with the RCZ.

Ford Coupe? possibly be a return of something like the old Capri.

So it does look like peugeot will be facing stiff competition but they have set the bar pretty high for them lets see how they do

A

Anonymous

Can only be a good thing. :)

Cannot see it being £25k though!

A

Anonymous

tomy90 said:
Figo said:

I agree i heard the prices will be £28k

i think it will start at £25k, but if you want a steering wheel it will set you back another £5k, and if you want leather heated seats that will cost you a million pounds

A

Anonymous

RCZ MATT said:
tomy90 said:
Figo said:

I agree i heard the prices will be £28k

i think it will start at £25k, but if you want a steering wheel it will set you back another £5k, and if you want leather heated seats that will cost you a million pounds

SOLD!!!

(and ofc im kidding)

A

Anonymous

AlfaRomeo 4c confirmed, production in Italy should start around mid or end 2012, expected retail price 40k pounds

A

Anonymous

Audi R4

A

Anonymous

:text-goodpost:

The picture above says it all :Moony:

Wow.....what a car. And better still it's an Audi :thumbup:
You know you are buying quality - and most importantly, the Customer Service that goes with it :clap:

Agree with the other comments, there's no way you're going to get that for anything starting with a £20,xxx.
I'd say basic model around £33k and going up drastically.

Have to say that it certainly kicks the RCZs (very nice) backside anyday.
Wasn't too keen on some of the others mentioned in the list above, although this car is a WINNER

:beer:

A

Anonymous

However... if VW plays their cars right then a cheaper SEAT version would be great...

RCZ1

Reaction score
Gorwell said:
:text-goodpost:

The picture above says it all :Moony:

Wow.....what a car. And better still it's an Audi :thumbup:
You know you are buying quality - and most importantly, the Customer Service that goes with it :clap: [/Gorwell]

Even Audi have problems with their cars, they are not perfect and quality isn't what it used to be. Not by a long way :!:

The Customer Service being displayed throughout this forum is evidence enough that Peugeot have really stepped up to the plate in this area. I've had experience of Audi customer service and I wasn't very impressed plus they always seem to think that they are doing you a favour whenever you appear in their showroom and that you should be privileged to be there. Don't impress me much. Just my thoughts :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

bee said:
the old ford capri now that was a nice motor.

yeah now your talkin 3.0 s or 2.8i brooklands or even the tickford aston martin capri :cool: :cool:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Even Audi have problems with their cars, they are not perfect and quality isn't what it used to be. Not by a long way :!:

All cars have their problems :eusa-shhh:
Usually more uncommon with an Audi than common though :thumbup:

RCZ1 said:
The Customer Service being displayed throughout this forum is evidence enough that Peugeot have really stepped up to the plate in this area.
Yes, as a result of some of the Posts on here, a really good outcome has been achieved :thumbup:
:clap: It has to be a big hand for those Posters who persevered and persisted with getting their point / experience / issue across despite all the attempts to "head them off at the pass" :clap:
Some of the problems have been BIG though - even Peugeot wouldn't be able to ignore them !!

RCZ1 said:
....plus they always seem to think that they are doing you a favour whenever you appear in their showroom and that you should be privileged to be there.

Really can't debate at all with you on this point.
I really don't know why they do it :eusa-think:
It is true that ALL (well the majority :eusa-whistle: ) of Audi Salesmen are complete.....err.....know that they have such a good product and they don't have to try too hard to sell.
Once you've negotiated around this Bunch and have bought the car though, the Customer Service really is second to none.
It seems like Audi employ a completely different set of people for this side of the house as opposed to sales :? :wtf:

Anyway, back to the original thread. THIS CAR IS A WINNER ON ALL COUNTS :clap: :dance: :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

and now the Subaru have shown there cards with the BRZ which will be uber rare in the UK because only 500 of them will be coming to the UK a year due to the strength of the yen making it unprofitable to ship more of them into the country

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
Figo said:

after a bit of studying this photo its just a Computer aided photoshop of a TT nowt else :thumbdown:

....and the RCZ was designed from scratch :lol: :lol: :lol:
:thumbup: