What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Assesment after 2500 miles

A

Anonymous

Well I've had my baby for 2500 miles now, so thought i would give her an assesment:

Good Points
LOOKS....... absolutely gorgeous, not just my (very biased) impression, but from everyone that has seen it
Handling.....super tight, stays flat when cornering, this was probably my biggest suprise, as I thought it would have the notorious french vague handling
Ride..........nice firm ride (my preference), feels sporty and more in touch with the tarmac
Interior.......very nice enviroment to be in, cockpit well design and great layout
Engine........BRILLIANT. As you can see I have the 2.0 HDi, and I must say, many times I actually forget I am in a diesel the response is that good. I do NOT drive like "Miss Daisy", but still get 54.2mpg (well thats what the onboard computer states)
Visibilty......Great all round view, amazed at the view from wing mirros (best ive seen)
Boot...........Cavenous!!!!! (says it all)

Bad Points
NG4 Sat Nav.....Cant believe in this day and age that it will not play and control iPods directly when connected to usb, having to use aux is just a pain, plus iPod does not charge
NG4 Sat Nav.....Even when using a memory stick, unit will NOT play mp4 music, therefore Ive had to convert all 10000 songs in my iTunes library to mp3, then tranfer them onto memory stick.
NG4 Sat Nav.....Cant use FULL postcode, only up to 5 digits
Seats.............Althought seats are NOT bad as such, I would prefer them to be a bit more "bucket", so they hug you a little more.
Voice control....SOOOOOOOOOO annoying, go to media menu, then ask for folder 17 ......."There is no Folder 70" is the reply. Maybe its my accent, but annoys me (gone trhough voice recognision 5 times....still the same)
Radio.............Automatically changes channel due to low signal, only way to stop this is to turn RDS off. I want RDS ON, and automatic re-tune OFF

Sends me into a hissy fit points
Wing mirrors....After carefully washing car, then drying it off, the wing mirrors constantly "weep" for AGES afterwards, sending a little trail of water down the side
Ignorant People.."OOH it looks like a TT doesnt it" NOOOOOOOOOO IT DOESNT. Maybe looks like the TT SHOULD have looked if Audi had the brass bo!!ox and foresight that Peugeot have.
Flying crap machine...Why is it that birds ALWAYS aim for nice shiney cars to foul up. I have 2 cars in the drive, my baby, and a 6 year old Rav4. every morning, birds lime on my baby, RAV4 SPOTLESS!

Well there you go an honest view of my baby so far

Rob Mac

A

Anonymous

Thanks for Sharing robmac64...

I would agree with all your plus points !

But would add to the negatives...

Brake dust... How much does it churn out on the front wheels? I clean the car every week and after a short 50 mile trip they are black!! (well not completely but you get my point?)...

Thankfully I have invested in the PoorBoys wheel paste and that saves on the cleaning there!

Cheers

Stuart

A

Anonymous

I hear you about the wing mirrors! If you let the water dry it leaves a mineral deposit track...on my black paint it sticks out like a sore thumb. My solution is to get a hair dryer blowing cold air and it pushes the water out. Seems OTT but it works! I also agree with your plus points. I dont have the satnav so I'll just take your word on those. My negative point would be the constant cleaning of hand prints and greasy hair marks left on my door and driver window from people looking inside while it is parked!!! :lol:

A

Anonymous

As regards to the postcode problem, you can put as much of the postcode as possible, then choose one of the streets form the list. :thumbup:

RCZ1

Reaction score
With regards to the radio changing stations. The way to overcome this is use the Reg button which will keep it locked on the station you want, even in low signal. Might not be the best reception but it works.

I always use a hairdryer to dry off the wing mirrors. A low heat and turn the mirrors in and out to get all the nooks and crannies and Bob's your uncle. As an aside, a BMW parked next to me yesterday when I was sat waiting for someone. I looked at the paintwork, as I always do when I walk past cars, etc, and it was very shiny and had very few swirls. It looked like it had a Paint Protection on it. However, it had horrendous water marks all the way down the side of the car from the wing mirrors. It was really bad. The more I looked at it, it was obvious that the water marks had been sealed over by the Paint Protection. What an absolutely awful job and the only way to correct this would be to remove the Protection. Someone had paid good money for that :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

binkybmf said:
But would add to the negatives...

Brake dust... How much does it churn out on the front wheels? I clean the car every week and after a short 50 mile trip they are black!! (well not completely but you get my point?)...

Thankfully I have invested in the PoorBoys wheel paste and that saves on the cleaning there!

binkybmf Yeah the brake dust does mount up very quick, but, like you , the wheel paste keeps it in check

ValleNorte said:
My negative point would be the constant cleaning of hand prints and greasy hair marks left on my door and driver window from people looking inside while it is parked!!! :lol:
ValleNorte have the same problem also, I was thinking of leaving a box of polish wipes on the roof, with a sign "Please wipe off your greaasy finger marks after you have had a good nose inside :lol:

JOAKES said:
As regards to the postcode problem, you can put as much of the postcode as possible, then choose one of the streets form the list. :thumbup:
JOAKES, I know I can do it like that, but it would be better if a FULL postcode could be used. There was a trip I made last week when all I had is a postcode, and company name (didnt know the street name). I got to the general area, then had to use my iPhone to find out the specific street I was looking for.

RCZ1 said:
With regards to the radio changing stations. The way to overcome this is use the Reg button which will keep it locked on the station you want, even in low signal. Might not be the best reception but it works.:
RCZ1 Thanks, I drive through 2 small areas of dodgy signal on my way to work, I have now used REG as you suggested and all GOOD