What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Asphalt Paint Maintenance

bukalemun

Reaction score
Hi forum members,

I am a member for some time and I have been reading many posts here. Found lots of really educating information, but not a lot about matte paint.

I am getting an Asphalt in a few days and I would like to hear the opinions of experienced people about caring after the paint work of the car.

I will get some high quality leather protection applied to the interior leather of the car, but I could not find much about what to do to the exterior paint.

I see that applying any paint protection to the matte paint is out of the question. So what would my choices be for a prolonged good look for the paint?

Thanks!

A

Anonymous

bukalemun said:
Hi forum members,

I am a member for some time and I have been reading many posts here. Found lots of really educating information, but not a lot about matte paint.

I am getting an Asphalt in a few days and I would like to hear the opinions of experienced people about caring after the paint work of the car.

I will get some high quality leather protection applied to the interior leather of the car, but I could not find much about what to do to the exterior paint.

I see that applying any paint protection to the matte paint is out of the question. So what would my choices be for a prolonged good look for the paint?

Thanks!

only one member has an asphalt mate thats Marcus from perrys from bolton hes a car sales exec :lol: but i think the asphalt comes with a paint protection sample kit :thumbup: so its possible get products just for this paint.

personally i would worry as this paint is just as durable as standard paint.

i remember 3 tears ago i got a brand new civic type R gt at this exact time of year and vowed never to buy a new car in the winter again as the newness of the paint quickly goes away and is very seldom seen at its best due to weather and road conditions :( :( :(

A

Anonymous

Hi

You have a few options swissvax do a kit.

http://www.swissvax.co.uk/product_detai ... att_paints
which you could do all yourself or get a detailer to do it then you just keep on top off it

Or if you want the best protection then get the car detailed using gtechniq C1 as this can be used on matt paints as well then its all about the up keep of the vehicle nice soft wash mitt and drying towel and a good shampoo designed for matt finishes there are a few now avaliable on the market.

you do have to be carfull with matt cars as its quite easy to get a shine on them in patches and scratches so gentle aproach is needed i have seen alot of rs people take the paint wraps of there cars as god fed up of looking after the matt black

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
bukalemun said:
Hi forum members,

Thanks!

only one member has an asphalt mate thats Marcus from perrys from bolton hes a car sales exec :lol: but i think the asphalt comes with a paint protection sample kit :thumbup: so its possible get products just for this paint.

i remember 3 tears ago i got a brand new civic type R gt at this exact time of year and vowed never to buy a new car in the winter again as the newness of the paint quickly goes away and is very seldom seen at its best due to weather and road conditions :( :( :(

Honda civic have some of the softest paint on the market nighthawk black is a nightmare stone chips easily and marks so easy seen alot of complaints on the civic forums about the paint

A

Anonymous

BespokeCarCare said:
jassyo06 said:
bukalemun said:
Hi forum members,

Thanks!

i was a member of Civinfo for a couple of years they all moaned about it but hopefully honda have dealt with it with the new civic coming out :thumbdown:

YIP.................so is milano red soft as the snow ;) :lol: :lol:
such a lovely shade of red aswell :( a proper red not orange :cool:

Honda civic have some of the softest paint on the market nighthawk black is a nightmare stone chips easily and marks so easy seen alot of complaints on the civic forums about the paint

bukalemun

Reaction score
Thank you all for your recommendations. I'll search both for Swissvax and Gtechniq. I am not in UK, I am from Turkey, so I am not sure if I can find any detailers that apply them. Perhaps I'll need to take the car to another city for this. :)

A

Anonymous

Is the Asphalt a actull paint or is it a wrap as cant seem to find that information anywhere ???

bukalemun

Reaction score
BespokeCarCare said:
Is the Asphalt a actull paint or is it a wrap as cant seem to find that information anywhere ???

It's actual satin gray paint. Not a wrap.

bukalemun

Reaction score
RCZ1 said:
Good luck - you're going to need it :eusa-whistle: :thumbup:

Oh no! The infamous RCZ1! :)

Well, if it becomes too hard to maintain, I can just make it shiny and get over with it (yes, sounds horrible)! While I have been too obsessive with my earlier cars till this day, it sometimes starts to look unhealthy. I just want the driving pleasure this time. But of course, I'll try my best to keep it good looking.

RCZ1

Reaction score
BespokeCarCare said:
jassyo06 said:
bukalemun said:
Hi forum members,

Thanks!

I'm a member of Civiinfo. Joined when I was thinking of buying one not long after they first came out (current shape). In the end I decided not to buy one as, with the usual thing with forums, all the bad points put me off, particularly the problems with the paint - which doesn't seem to have been improved still !

Jassy, I agree. The time of year you buy a new car does make a big difference on the enjoyment of the car. I bought my Mini in the middle of winter, so my love affair with the car never really got of to a good start. It was always dirty due to the winter weather and particularly Mini's are prone to the back being constantly filthy due to the design of the car. :thumbdown:

bukalemun

Reaction score
I have found a company here that will do a special matte protection and detailing with a very new product. I'll update this topic as I get new info on the materials that will be used on the car.