What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

"arsey's" new AV system

Rue1

Reaction score
Hi all- have had a few requests from members regarding my Headunit upgrade that has just been completed in "arsey" so thought I would start a thread to fill you in on the details and provide some information for others thinking about changing out the standard Clarion/Blaupunkt Headunit...

As an FYI why I did this, is because Peugeot in Australia don't offer the NG4 option with Sat Nav here. Lucky for me, the dealer that I deal with is willing to find customer solutions to fill this gap :)

My RCZ was delivered with the JBL upgrade - for any prospective buyers thinking about doing something similar to what I have done, don't waste your money with the JBL pack as the amplifier becomes redundant (I now have a nice JBL paper weight lol)...because of the way Peugeot integrates the amplifier with the wiring for the entire car running through the amp, the amp needs to be bypassed to get an aftermarket Headunit to function correctly...

To dispel any myths, you don't need to retain the old Headunit (hidden under the front seat) to keep your access to the cars menu system / parking sensors etc...there are modules available that integrates the new Headunit with the car and retains access to the parking sensors/menu/steering wheel controls - if your AV installer tells you otherwise, find a new installer the Pug wiring is complex so don't let any cowboy near your car (because my install was done through my Dealer any electrical issues are covered under the warranty). these modules are generally plug and play and doesn't entail any butchering of the wiring :)

Sitting in the dash is a nice 7" touch screen Sony Headunit (Sony XAV 72BT) attached to this is an add on SAT Nav system which has been customized specifically for my car ( when I access the Nav I have the Peugeot lion in the background making the unit look like its a factory unit which is pretty cool. The unit features BT Streaming /full IPhone connectivity and even uses the existing USB hub in the console . The sound out of the unit is pretty awesome considering the AMP has been removed, was listening to a song the other day with heavy bass and I could feel the vibrations in my chest :) so it definitely isn't lacking in the grunt department...

I will post some pics as soon as I get some time - happy to answer any questions anyone has...

Next mod on the list is a set of Ruffer quads me thinks :)

Hope you are all still enjoying your babies, I know I am

Noel

Rue1

Reaction score
As promised here are some pics... the surround was custom painted to fit in with the rest of the facia

Attachments

• IMG_0514.jpg
    IMG_0514.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 1,008
  • IMG_0520.JPG
    IMG_0520.JPG
    242.5 KB · Views: 1,008
  • IMG_0518.JPG
    IMG_0518.JPG
    248.3 KB · Views: 1,008
  • IMG_0522.JPG
    IMG_0522.JPG
    218.6 KB · Views: 1,008
  • IMG_0524.JPG
    IMG_0524.JPG
    237.7 KB · Views: 1,008
A

Anonymous

LOOKS A MILLION DOLLARS MATE :thumbup: also shows peugeot how they should have done it in the first place bet that cost more than peugeots though :thumbup:

Rue1

Reaction score
Thanks Jassy yeah wasn't exactly cheap but the end result has been exactly what I was after - got to use the Nav for the 1st time on Thursday night and was very impressed :)

A

Anonymous

How the does the peugeot screen operate now that you have installed this :cool: ICE

A

Anonymous

Much better looking than that pop up job Peugeot offer at a ridiculous £1500. Although I'll just stick to my £49 Tom Tom on my iPhone. Why are built in satnav's so extroidarly expressive. Maybe they should go down the Renault route with just the adapter for ur own portable unit :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

Ruey :thumbup: The additional costs that you have instilled on your rcz :cool: must be fast approaching THE Audi TTS :cool: :cool: :cool: ball park mate Your CAR IS UNIQUE and a credit to you in your perseverance for the ultimate rcz :thumbup: of which it is :thumbup: My QUESTION IS HOW FAR ARE YOU GOING TO GO :lol: is a rcz flux capacitor or even a twin/bi flux-twin turbo charged capacitor in your stretch of imagination :lol: :thumbup:

Rue1

Reaction score
thanks Jassy - all I can say is I have a very understanding wife :) Apart from looking at putting a Ruffer Quad exhaust system in (and maybe the new LED DRL's) I think I will call it quits after that...but who knows I may change my mind...