What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

"arsey" getting wrapped

A

Anonymous

Whens the lacquer going on....

Sorry it does nothing for me, ruins the car for me. Each to their own I guess.

soundwave5150

Reaction score
Please Please Please give detailed feedback about the audio functionality when you can, i'm tempted to do the same thing but would rather get the flip up sat nav for more money than cause problems with controls/parking sensors etc. :eusa-think:

Rue1

Reaction score
Just had an update from the delaer - car should be back from the wrappers and ready for re-assembly later today which means all things going well I should have the car on Thursday (minus the AV modifications).

Note to anyone with a JBL pack, the wiring loom is different to a standard RCZ as all of the sensors / warning lights etc run through the amp to the ECU - the Pioneer unit I was thinking about fitting has had issues with this setup so it looks like we will be going down another path using a Sony Screen and an OEM Navigation / Entertainment unit (ACAP9100 Navigation). They are still working through some details so will take delivery of my car without the AV Modifications whilst they do some further testing and then go back in a week or so for it to be fitted.

Will post some new pics if I get out there this afternoon

A

Anonymous

Rue1 said:
Just had an update from the delaer - car should be back from the wrappers and ready for re-assembly later today which means all things going well I should have the car on Thursday (minus the AV modifications).

Note to anyone with a JBL pack, the wiring loom is different to a standard RCZ as all of the sensors / warning lights etc run through the amp to the ECU - the Pioneer unit I was thinking about fitting has had issues with this setup so it looks like we will be going down another path using a Sony Screen and an OEM Navigation / Entertainment unit (ACAP9100 Navigation). They are still working through some details so will take delivery of my car without the AV Modifications whilst they do some further testing and then go back in a week or so for it to be fitted.

Will post some new pics if I get out there this afternoon

yes sometimes not everything comes together all at the same time bu yu will get there soon :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

WOW looks Great , cannot wait to see it all back together and finished :thumbup:

Rue1

Reaction score
Just a quick update... Went to the dealer this arvo and re-assembly has commenced...sorry no pics the lighting inside the workshop was terrible and all the pics came out quite dark (didn't want to use a flash) the spoiler wrapped in carbon vinyl has turned out really nicely ties the roof and mirror shells in nicely :)
Will be back in the morning to check on progress...should be all back by lunchtime with delivery on Thursday (taking the day off and going for a cruise)... Will post some pics tomorrow once it's all back together

Thanks for all the positive comments so far - its been great sharing this project with fellow enthusiasts
Noel

A

Anonymous

oh my god, oh my god, oh my god (Homer Simpson style) - this is gonna look awesome

A

Anonymous

i love it!!!! was looking at doing it myself and i may have to go for it now!

Rue1

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just got back from the dealer re-assembly is just about complete only the door mirrors and door cards to go - will be picking "arsey" up first thing tomorrow morning and then its off for a day trip somewhere. As promised here are some updated pics..not the greatest due to limited lighting in the service area, but will post some better ones tomorrow when its out in the natural light.

Attachments

• IMG_2477.jpg
    IMG_2477.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 2,726
  • IMG_2479.jpg
    IMG_2479.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 2,726
  • IMG_2491.jpg
    IMG_2491.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 2,727
  • IMG_2496.jpg
    IMG_2496.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 2,727
  • IMG_2481.jpg
    IMG_2481.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 2,727

Rue1

Reaction score
Not sure how much it would cost in the UK but the cost in AUS was just a tad over $5000 money well spent me thinks :)

A

Anonymous

the chav inside me thinks the rear lights would look good tinted now :cool:

A

Anonymous

In the words of Jim Carrey...B..E..A..UTIFUL! Good on you for your perseverance to see the project through. Its a great result. Enjoy the cluncking sound as jaws drop when you pass!

Rue1

Reaction score
Thanks all for the comments (been a bit busy at work so haven't had much chance to reply to all the great comments)

The reaction to the car has been interesting I find I have people trying to overtake me to work out what it is (given that the car is totally debadged at the back- still tossing up whether to put the lion on the back).The matte finish is certainly turning some heads :)

frankvdb

Reaction score
I feel the back looks strange without the badge as the the place where it sits is not evened out.
Also you do still have the badge on the front so there's no symmetry.
You could consider painting the badges black and maybe even wrapping the roof arches to get an even meaner look.
Search this forum for GeiZt. His car is the most black RCZ that I know.

A

Anonymous

New member here... but I actually own a wrapping company in the UK so have read all backlog of messages with interest. Guys look like they have done a good job on the wrap. We would look to charge around £1200 for a complete colour change wrap such as this.

I have a white 2.0hdi which is undergoing CHROME wrap treatment next week... im still not 100% convinced but decided to go for it anyway - if nothing else it will help promote the business :) (www.wrapyourmotor.com or www.yoursigncompany.co.uk)

Will post pics once complete

frankvdb

Reaction score
Wow! Would definately like to see some pics of the result here!
I happened to see a Fifth Gear repeat recently where they showed Elton John's chrome wrapped Audi R8, which I think raised double its value in a charity auction.
They tried to achive the same buying an old Austin Metro for GBP. 500 and wrapping it partly chrome, partly carbon, and then aunctioning it on the internet, hoping to raise GBP. 1000.
Unfortunately, they only got GBP. 444 for it so made a loss!

Thanks,
Frank

Rue1

Reaction score
Thanks Nick yeah the guys did a really good job and couldn't be happier with the result :) this has to be the easiest car to keep clean - the wife and I just did a 2000km round trip to Sydney for easter and the front was covered in bugs on a normal car it would be a pain to get off but with the vinyl it literally wiped off :) I would spend the money on vinyl wrapping again turns heads looks great and is very easy to look after :)

For those that might be interested we missed making it to Sydney (distance of 880km) by 100km with 3.4 liters left of a single tank of fuel at an average of 6.1l/100km (average speed of 110km) the car drove like a dream couldn't be happier with "arsey"